ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
PDA - Delivered or Local Collect
-
Duno
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 23 Oct 2015, 15:22
- Gender: Male
PDA - Delivered or Local Collect
Hey guys,
I started work as a part time postie recently so still learning the ropes.
I was quickly shown how to use the PDA but I'm 100% comfortable with it so wanted to double check something:
When the customer isn't in and you are returning a parcel to the office/post office for them to collect the next working day, do you select the 'Not Delivered > No Answer' or 'Local Collect' options after scanning and filling in the P739?
I've been using the 'Not Delivered > No Answer' option for all parcels that are returned for the customer to collect but I have a feeling this is wrong. Would appreciate any advice please as I want to do the job properly.
If there a resource online that outlines the correct procedure for each option on the PDA? I.E. Delivered, Not Delivered, Safe Place, Local Collect?
Also, some items (mail/parcels) are not obvious that they require scanning (compared to those with tracked/special delivery stickers etc) - is there a simple trick to identifying those that require scanning? I tend to just count the barcode numbers and if there are 13 digits I scan them but it's not a good use of time.
Cheers
PS apologies if this has already been posted somewhere - if so, please let me know the link
I started work as a part time postie recently so still learning the ropes.
I was quickly shown how to use the PDA but I'm 100% comfortable with it so wanted to double check something:
When the customer isn't in and you are returning a parcel to the office/post office for them to collect the next working day, do you select the 'Not Delivered > No Answer' or 'Local Collect' options after scanning and filling in the P739?
I've been using the 'Not Delivered > No Answer' option for all parcels that are returned for the customer to collect but I have a feeling this is wrong. Would appreciate any advice please as I want to do the job properly.
If there a resource online that outlines the correct procedure for each option on the PDA? I.E. Delivered, Not Delivered, Safe Place, Local Collect?
Also, some items (mail/parcels) are not obvious that they require scanning (compared to those with tracked/special delivery stickers etc) - is there a simple trick to identifying those that require scanning? I tend to just count the barcode numbers and if there are 13 digits I scan them but it's not a good use of time.
Cheers
PS apologies if this has already been posted somewhere - if so, please let me know the link
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: PDA - Delivered or Local Collect
You're correct by selecting no answer. Local collect is where you leave item at Post Office.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: PDA - Delivered or Local Collect
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... da#p559544" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; PDA Delivery Guide (for the CN3)
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: PDA - Delivered or Local Collect
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... da#p407286" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; PDA - Safe Systems of Work
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: PDA - Delivered or Local Collect
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... da#p407285" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; PDA - Guidance for Managers
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Duno
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 23 Oct 2015, 15:22
- Gender: Male
Re: PDA - Delivered or Local Collect
Newbie001: Great, thanks for confirming this, feel better now!
TrueBlueTerrier: Thanks for this, very useful!
Liking this forum so far :-)
Cheers guys
TrueBlueTerrier: Thanks for this, very useful!
Liking this forum so far :-)
Cheers guys
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: PDA - Delivered or Local Collect
We are told to enter "Local Collect".Newbie001 wrote:You're correct by selecting no answer. Local collect is where you leave item at Post Office.
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
Re: PDA - Delivered or Local Collect
Would that be in order to improve first time delivery statistics by any chance?Lounge Lizard wrote:We are told to enter "Local Collect".Newbie001 wrote:You're correct by selecting no answer. Local collect is where you leave item at Post Office.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: PDA - Delivered or Local Collect
or a Sub Office in the back of a POcrazyshrew wrote:Would that be in order to improve first time delivery statistics by any chance?Lounge Lizard wrote:We are told to enter "Local Collect".Newbie001 wrote:You're correct by selecting no answer. Local collect is where you leave item at Post Office.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: PDA - Delivered or Local Collect
A tip I give to newbies I train up is if it has a barcode your not sure about scan it anyway. If not an active barcode it will just say invalid bar code. Better than missing one.
-
Duno
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 23 Oct 2015, 15:22
- Gender: Male
Re: PDA - Delivered or Local Collect
Rambo1: Thanks. True, I tend to just scan everything. It was because recently I had to go without a scanner so had to input the barcodes etc manually into the white sheet - I ended up writing all barcodes (with 13 digits) despite the fact that most are probably invalid so thought there might be an easier way to identify those that are valid and require scanning.
Cheers for all the replies folks :-)
Cheers for all the replies folks :-)
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: PDA - Delivered or Local Collect
At the point when you write the card out, the customer hasn't seen it so hasn't made the decision as to whether they will arrange redelivery or local collect or whatever. Hence Local Collect can't possibly be an option.
It's either delivered or not delivered. If It is Not Delivered is it in a safe place? If not then it's Not Delivered then choose a reason: No Answer (or Inaccessible.)
It's either delivered or not delivered. If It is Not Delivered is it in a safe place? If not then it's Not Delivered then choose a reason: No Answer (or Inaccessible.)
-
Duno
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 23 Oct 2015, 15:22
- Gender: Male
Re: PDA - Delivered or Local Collect
No worries, I get it now. The thing was I thought 'local collect' was the act of returning the customers parcel to the office/post office (if they weren't in) in order for them to collect the next working day IE local collect but I now understand that this isn't the case and that I've been doing it correctly after all by selecting not delivered so thanks for clarifying further :-)
Cheers
Cheers
-
salomon
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 28 Nov 2014, 21:18
- Gender: Female
Re: PDA - Delivered or Local Collect
Local collect parcels have the local collect instructions on them. Our local collect drop off point is a small village post office and will be scanned as local collect not as delivered, some posties got pulled up on this only last week.