ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Two jobs,one pay...
-
montinja22
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 05 Sep 2013, 17:43
- Gender: Female
Two jobs,one pay...
Hi.Need some help.I'm working part time,5h from 10am-3pm Monday to Friday,I don't have my own job so I do different jobs every day.From Wed they ask me to do 2 jobs,two following jobs what seems for them very easy.It makes 18 streets together.They say it's a trial so we can make both jobs as a one.I believe it's not fare as it's too many streets,plus as they know I'm fast at my job they put Me to do it while every else is finishing their one frame,going home and I been forced to do 2 jobs for one pay.It stresses me and it kills me.I don't mind doing one big job and coming back in my finishing time but two jobs is ridiculous.Plus seems union is not interested to help me but I need a help as I'm not British born.Is there anywhere I can ring to and talk?I don't agree with this at all as they see I've been cutting off both days now they see it doesn't work but they want me to do it tomorrow again.Please give me any ideas,there is no support in that place.
-
Gold Fox
- Posts: 313
- Joined: 06 Jun 2014, 20:50
- Gender: Female
Re: Two jobs,one pay...
Take it easy , work by your hours and if you can not finish it ... bring it back.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Two jobs,one pay...
Is this a wind up post?
-
montinja22
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 05 Sep 2013, 17:43
- Gender: Female
Re: Two jobs,one pay...
No it isn't
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Two jobs,one pay...
Are you volunteering for a full duty on overtime?montinja22 wrote:No it isn't
-
montinja22
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 05 Sep 2013, 17:43
- Gender: Female
Re: Two jobs,one pay...
No I don't
-
In The Know
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 18:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Two jobs,one pay...
Go in on time, work at a reasonable rate, take your break and do what you can until it's time to go home. Repeat as necessary.... Till they get the gist.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Two jobs,one pay...
Hows it possible to do two four hour duties in 5 hours minus break?montinja22 wrote:No I don't
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Two jobs,one pay...
Think you're finding out the hard way that there IS a management pecking order and you're not on it . There are some duties out there that can, if you hurry, be done in a little over 2 hours. These duties are normally held by the managers favorites. These people normally works there day off, come in early and mops up any easy overtime. And still go home an hour before anyone else.
Unfortunately for most of us if you do a duty mega quick, they''ll just dump more and more work on you till you're finish time and question you if you go over.
Best advice, slow down, take breaks and work to you're time.
Unfortunately for most of us if you do a duty mega quick, they''ll just dump more and more work on you till you're finish time and question you if you go over.
Best advice, slow down, take breaks and work to you're time.
-
montinja22
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 05 Sep 2013, 17:43
- Gender: Female
Re: Two jobs,one pay...
Your absolutely right.Seems Like I can't do anything about it,just so annoying as its always me.Never mind..
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Two jobs,one pay...
I'm guessing that your office is one of the last remanining dinosaurs that hasn't been wiped out by the park and loop meteorite. Either that or you work in pairs from a motorbike and sidecar.Newbie001 wrote: There are some duties out there that can, if you hurry, be done in a little over 2 hours.
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Two jobs,one pay...
Nope Park + Loop, at my old office.Nondescript wrote:I'm guessing that your office is one of the last remanining dinosaurs that hasn't been wiped out by the park and loop meteorite. Either that or you work in pairs from a motorbike and sidecar.Newbie001 wrote: There are some duties out there that can, if you hurry, be done in a little over 2 hours.
We all know that most walks are pretty even. And as reserve you get to know most of them. But where most walks have a 80/90% + call rate and loads of packets and you struggle to finish by 3. These walks have a very low call rate most days and virtually no packets. You very rarely get on these walks as the duty holders work their day off all the time. Can't blame them really, but they do exist.
-
CharlesSpooner
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Two jobs,one pay...
Don't start work early.montinja22 wrote:Hi.Need some help.I'm working part time,5h from 10am-3pm Monday to Friday,I don't have my own job so I do different jobs every day.From Wed they ask me to do 2 jobs,two following jobs what seems for them very easy.It makes 18 streets together.They say it's a trial so we can make both jobs as a one.I believe it's not fare as it's too many streets,plus as they know I'm fast at my job they put Me to do it while every else is finishing their one frame,going home and I been forced to do 2 jobs for one pay.It stresses me and it kills me.I don't mind doing one big job and coming back in my finishing time but two jobs is ridiculous.Plus seems union is not interested to help me but I need a help as I'm not British born.Is there anywhere I can ring to and talk?I don't agree with this at all as they see I've been cutting off both days now they see it doesn't work but they want me to do it tomorrow again.Please give me any ideas,there is no support in that place.
Do take your break.
Don't rush round to finish on time.
Do work at a reasonable pace.
If you think there's too much to do tell your manager that you are only working to your time and cut off if you need to.
Is there a Union rep in your office? If not try and find contact details for your area on the CWU website - http://www.cwu.org/cwu-branches.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;