ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Long weekend
-
breakra
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 21 Jul 2015, 16:28
- Gender: Male
Long weekend
Hey everyone i have only been with royal mail a month now i have a 5 day contract and am a little confused about whos entitled to long weekends as i have heard different things from different people thanks in advanced for any help
-
Pidleypoo
- Posts: 705
- Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 10:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Long weekend
I've been there 9 years I've had 1 Saturday this year and I genuinely cannot remember the last time I had a long weekend.
As I understand it the "aspiration" is 1 in 4 but we are still entitled to 1 in 6 but good luck getting it.
The reserves in our office are all about submit grievance forms on this subject but it's nothing I've not done myself.
It's without doubt discrimination and of course if you are a duty holder you will get the 1 in 6/ 1 in 4 depending on duty structure.
Not much help really I just hope you have a decent Union rep because ours are rubbish
As I understand it the "aspiration" is 1 in 4 but we are still entitled to 1 in 6 but good luck getting it.
The reserves in our office are all about submit grievance forms on this subject but it's nothing I've not done myself.
It's without doubt discrimination and of course if you are a duty holder you will get the 1 in 6/ 1 in 4 depending on duty structure.
Not much help really I just hope you have a decent Union rep because ours are rubbish
-
Pidleypoo
- Posts: 705
- Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 10:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Long weekend
I forgot to mention that new starters are meant to stay on a duty for 12 weeks. so you should get at least a couple
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Long weekend
It entirely depends on what has been agreed in your office, at the last review some offices specifically employed pt staff to work say Wednesday Thursday friday saturday to cover for long weekends on a 1 in 4 rotation, you need to find out what has been agreed in your office and what it said in your contract
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Long weekend
Long weekend what's one of them 
-
breakra
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 21 Jul 2015, 16:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Long weekend
Thanks everyone for your replys my contract just says 5 over 6 monday to saturday
I will do a bit more digging around tomorow i didnt want to bring it up with too many people at my office as it appears to be a bit of a sore subject and im starting to understand why
I will do a bit more digging around tomorow i didnt want to bring it up with too many people at my office as it appears to be a bit of a sore subject and im starting to understand why
-
salomon
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 28 Nov 2014, 21:18
- Gender: Female
Re: Long weekend
Unless you're full time and in a holiday group, good luck with getting Saturdays off. I'm now actually in a holiday group on a 25hr contract but it means nothing, I've had 1 Saturday off this year as most weeks end up on 6 days, if you do get a rest day then it's usually a tuesday. It suits me though but if you want a Saturday you may want to mention it after Xmas.
-
salomon
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 28 Nov 2014, 21:18
- Gender: Female
Re: Long weekend
Find out who else does the round you're on, it really didn't become clear to me who did what and when until I was 6 months in!