ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sick leave

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
geordieboy123
Posts: 384
Joined: 06 Nov 2014, 17:35
Gender: Female

Sick leave

Post by geordieboy123 »

I'm going into hospital for an operation and I have been advised by my consultant that I will need to be off work for maybe two weeks as I will need to avoid any lifting, will this prompt the manager to give me a formal warning re my absenteeism?
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: Sick leave

Post by greengiant »

geordieboy123 wrote:I'm going into hospital for an operation and I have been advised by my consultant that I will need to be off work for maybe two weeks as I will need to avoid any lifting, will this prompt the manager to give me a formal warning re my absenteeism?
A good question, likewise I'm having a knee operation in a couple of weeks time, with 8 - 12 weeks non weight bearing on crutches recovery! :oops:
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Sick leave

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

Yes it may trigger a stage 1 warning review depending on exactly how long the absence is for
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Re: Sick leave

Post by CPTNemoUK »

I was off for 4weeks after a op and I triggered a stage one. Nothing to worry about unless you have long spell off afterwards.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: Sick leave

Post by greengiant »

Is being off work following surgery for 8 -12 weeks likely to mean being offered IHR? I really don't want that to be the case. :sad:
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Sick leave

Post by Darren Bent »

Don't think so as long you recover.
ratchet
Posts: 210
Joined: 03 Dec 2012, 13:12
Gender: Male
Location: Buggered off to France

Re: Sick leave

Post by ratchet »

greengiant wrote:Is being off work following surgery for 8 -12 weeks likely to mean being offered IHR? I really don't want that to be the case. :sad:
Very unlikely

In the past year there have been at least 3 long term absences in my office. They ranged from 3 to 6 months, and all are now back at work.
I am no longer a number :-)