ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I'm back! (well for Xmas anyway)

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
cyclemech1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 334
Joined: 20 Jul 2009, 20:46
Gender: Male

I'm back! (well for Xmas anyway)

Post by cyclemech1 »

Applied for Xmas casual at an outstation to my local MC and had the 'Registration Event' last week.

Been given the 'Pleased to welcome you as a Xmas casual' letter and I start on 30th November until 23rd December.

Only just over three weeks I know but it will be a new experience as I have never worked indoors, MC wise before, always on delivery.

It'll be strange being stuck indoors out of the cold, wet, wind etc. suppose I'll have to put up with it! :dance

Once I start, I'll post updates. Should be interesting, even if it is on minimum wage! :shock:
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: I'm back! (well for Xmas anyway)

Post by baldrick »

You're a glutton for punishment cyclemech! :Very Happy
I couldn't face going back to RM now. Anyway I thought that you couldn't work for them again if you have a RM pension?
I hope you get on ok though. Three weeks should be bearable.
cyclemech1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 334
Joined: 20 Jul 2009, 20:46
Gender: Male

Re: I'm back! (well for Xmas anyway)

Post by cyclemech1 »

If you go back within two years, RM can claw back some of the lump sum payment that you received when you took EVR, but receiving an RM pension is OK, after all, there are people that have taken their pension and are still working for RM full time.

As I left nearly 4 years ago I will be alright and as you say three weeks is bearable. I applied out of curiosity really, just to see how different Xmas is in a MC environment compared to delivery.
britwrit
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 966
Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 15:12

Re: I'm back! (well for Xmas anyway)

Post by britwrit »

Wow. Cool. Hope you enjoy it.

I've worked in a few mail centres so far in Royal Mail. There's a good chance they'll put you on sorting letters. That's what they seem to do with a lot of the Christmas casuals.