ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Delivering extra work
-
geordieboy123
- Posts: 384
- Joined: 06 Nov 2014, 17:35
- Gender: Female
Delivering extra work
I came in following a day off and two thirds of the work was still in the frame from the day before, should I get overtime for delivering that work as well as the normal lot?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Delivering extra work
geordieboy123 wrote:I came in following a day off and two thirds of the work was still in the frame from the day before, should I get overtime for delivering that work as well as the normal lot?
If it takes you over - yes. If it doesn't no.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
geordieboy123
- Posts: 384
- Joined: 06 Nov 2014, 17:35
- Gender: Female
Re: Delivering extra work
They would normally pay overtime to clear it on the day but due to staff shortage they couldn't so surely the overtime they would normally have paid should come to me
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Delivering extra work
Morally I agree with you.
However with the various agreements banning ghosting and "working all paid hours" the official answer is as I posted. You could raise a greviance that others have been paid overtime in similar circumstances but the chances of winning if you didn't go over are slim.
It ain't fair, and I don't agree with it, but I think its better to give you a straight answer.
However with the various agreements banning ghosting and "working all paid hours" the official answer is as I posted. You could raise a greviance that others have been paid overtime in similar circumstances but the chances of winning if you didn't go over are slim.
It ain't fair, and I don't agree with it, but I think its better to give you a straight answer.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivering extra work
Not officially no. You could tell them, I'm going to go over today so I'll do all of it for say 2 hours extra...don't ask you don't get
-
geordieboy123
- Posts: 384
- Joined: 06 Nov 2014, 17:35
- Gender: Female
Re: Delivering extra work
What's ghosting?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Morally I agree with you.
However with the various agreements banning ghosting and "working all paid hours" the official answer is as I posted. You could raise a greviance that others have been paid overtime in similar circumstances but the chances of winning if you didn't go over are slim.
It ain't fair, and I don't agree with it, but I think its better to give you a straight answer.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivering extra work
Normal over-running procedures applies, if you think you will go over, inform your lino at the earliest chance you feel this is the case, telling them if you want to finish bang on your contract finish time; you are prepared to do "x" amount of overtime but will still need some delivery taken off you; you are prepared to complete the whole delivery for overtime.
Given you are likely to have a lot more letters per address, you will be standing stationary for longer between addresses, filtering mail out of the bundle for the next address before heading towards the next address.
Given you are likely to have a lot more letters per address, you will be standing stationary for longer between addresses, filtering mail out of the bundle for the next address before heading towards the next address.
-
CharlesSpooner
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivering extra work
Getting paid OT for work performed within normal duty hours.geordieboy123 wrote:
What's ghosting?