ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Contract made permanent after 6 months, pay the same.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Freddles91
Posts: 1
Joined: 02 Dec 2013, 18:02
Gender: Male

Contract made permanent after 6 months, pay the same.

Post by Freddles91 »

Hi all, my contract is being made permanent from temporary within the next week and I have the new one through to sign. I have been here 6 months and I've been on 9.36 per hour, but I've worked out that the pay offered in the new contract is the same as what I am currently on. I was under the impression that after 6 months it would go up 50p or something per hour. Am I missing something?
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Contract made permanent after 6 months, pay the same.

Post by datasaint »

Happens automatically through pay-roll.
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: Contract made permanent after 6 months, pay the same.

Post by terry2972 »

you are lucky to get a permanent contract still waiting nearly 2 years in lol
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Contract made permanent after 6 months, pay the same.

Post by bustedflush »

The first payday after 6 months' service will reflect the new increased rate. Don't worry. The contract is just a standard print. You'll then get another 50p hour automatically after another 6 months.
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Re: Contract made permanent after 6 months, pay the same.

Post by peshwaarinaan »

I have just completed 12 weeks and had a permanent contract in the post yesterday!