ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Goodbye Royal Mail.....

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
pj2001
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 76
Joined: 27 Jun 2012, 20:37
Gender: Male

Goodbye Royal Mail.....

Post by pj2001 »

After 38 years with Royal Mail was offered EVR and took it, just managed to scrape through before the MTSF2 amendments kicked in, even managed to bag the free shares. :nana
I wish all you plodders at Royal Mail good luck, I enjoyed my time there but the aches and pains from the job were starting to take their toll and the EVR offer to me was a no brainer. :Boo hoo!
:Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: Goodbye Royal Mail.....

Post by Judgee »

....and another one slips under the wire!

Congrats Pj from now on your life will be a breeze. Wish I could do the same but they don't seem to want to offer EVR at our place I think the plan is to just work us to death instead!

Time to party! :nana :thumbup :Applause
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
halfull
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 858
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Goodbye Royal Mail.....

Post by halfull »

congrats dude! another one gets out alive!
Quick question, what is MTSF2?
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: Goodbye Royal Mail.....

Post by greengiant »

Enjoy your retirement!

For me to get 38 years done, I'll be 76! :thumbdown
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Goodbye Royal Mail.....

Post by Darren Bent »

Are you retiring from work 100% or looking for new job. Enjoy it :)
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Re: Goodbye Royal Mail.....

Post by korky »

Darren Bent wrote:Are you retiring from work 100% or looking for new job. Enjoy it :)
retiring from work 100%, he's been promoted to management :left:
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Goodbye Royal Mail.....

Post by dvbuk55 »

greengiant wrote:Enjoy your retirement!

For me to get 38 years done, I'll be 76! :thumbdown
By then you'll be working that long to get your OAP :sad:
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Goodbye Royal Mail.....

Post by Lounge Lizard »

pj2001 wrote:After 38 years with Royal Mail was offered EVR and took it, just managed to scrape through before the MTSF2 amendments kicked in, even managed to bag the free shares. :nana
I wish all you plodders at Royal Mail good luck, I enjoyed my time there but the aches and pains from the job were starting to take their toll and the EVR offer to me was a no brainer. :Boo hoo!
:Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy
Breakfast ? :shock: :nana
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: Goodbye Royal Mail.....

Post by baldrick »

Congratulations pj2001! Retirement is great, you will wonder how you had the time to work after a while. :Very Happy

@halfull, I'm not sure if you were joking, but MTSF2 is the 'Managing the Surplus Framework'. 2 because it was previously amended.
It is in the Downloads section on this forum.
malcolm3011
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 303
Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
Gender: Male

Re: Goodbye Royal Mail.....

Post by malcolm3011 »

Well done and good luck for the future, i got EVR earlier this year and never been happier, the job has gone downhill rapidly the last few years and i can only see it getting worse :thumbup
stroller
Posts: 127
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 17:31
Gender: Male

Re: Goodbye Royal Mail.....

Post by stroller »

Enjoy your life after RM, I am glad you got the old EVR deal you deserve it after 38 years.

I was praying they kept the old MTSF deal as I am 55 next year and wanted to go with enhanced pension etc etc, but still have not ruled out taking it next year even on worse terms.

Good luck and put your feet up