I wish all you plodders at Royal Mail good luck, I enjoyed my time there but the aches and pains from the job were starting to take their toll and the EVR offer to me was a no brainer.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Goodbye Royal Mail.....
-
pj2001
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 27 Jun 2012, 20:37
- Gender: Male
Goodbye Royal Mail.....
After 38 years with Royal Mail was offered EVR and took it, just managed to scrape through before the MTSF2 amendments kicked in, even managed to bag the free shares.
I wish all you plodders at Royal Mail good luck, I enjoyed my time there but the aches and pains from the job were starting to take their toll and the EVR offer to me was a no brainer.

I wish all you plodders at Royal Mail good luck, I enjoyed my time there but the aches and pains from the job were starting to take their toll and the EVR offer to me was a no brainer.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Goodbye Royal Mail.....
....and another one slips under the wire!
Congrats Pj from now on your life will be a breeze. Wish I could do the same but they don't seem to want to offer EVR at our place I think the plan is to just work us to death instead!
Time to party!

Congrats Pj from now on your life will be a breeze. Wish I could do the same but they don't seem to want to offer EVR at our place I think the plan is to just work us to death instead!
Time to party!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
halfull
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 858
- Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Goodbye Royal Mail.....
congrats dude! another one gets out alive!
Quick question, what is MTSF2?
Quick question, what is MTSF2?
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Goodbye Royal Mail.....
Enjoy your retirement!
For me to get 38 years done, I'll be 76!
For me to get 38 years done, I'll be 76!
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Goodbye Royal Mail.....
Are you retiring from work 100% or looking for new job. Enjoy it :)
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: Goodbye Royal Mail.....
retiring from work 100%, he's been promoted to managementDarren Bent wrote:Are you retiring from work 100% or looking for new job. Enjoy it :)
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Goodbye Royal Mail.....
By then you'll be working that long to get your OAPgreengiant wrote:Enjoy your retirement!
For me to get 38 years done, I'll be 76!
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Goodbye Royal Mail.....
Breakfast ?pj2001 wrote:After 38 years with Royal Mail was offered EVR and took it, just managed to scrape through before the MTSF2 amendments kicked in, even managed to bag the free shares.![]()
I wish all you plodders at Royal Mail good luck, I enjoyed my time there but the aches and pains from the job were starting to take their toll and the EVR offer to me was a no brainer.![]()
![]()
![]()
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Goodbye Royal Mail.....
Congratulations pj2001! Retirement is great, you will wonder how you had the time to work after a while.
@halfull, I'm not sure if you were joking, but MTSF2 is the 'Managing the Surplus Framework'. 2 because it was previously amended.
It is in the Downloads section on this forum.
@halfull, I'm not sure if you were joking, but MTSF2 is the 'Managing the Surplus Framework'. 2 because it was previously amended.
It is in the Downloads section on this forum.
-
malcolm3011
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Goodbye Royal Mail.....
Well done and good luck for the future, i got EVR earlier this year and never been happier, the job has gone downhill rapidly the last few years and i can only see it getting worse 
-
stroller
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 17:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Goodbye Royal Mail.....
Enjoy your life after RM, I am glad you got the old EVR deal you deserve it after 38 years.
I was praying they kept the old MTSF deal as I am 55 next year and wanted to go with enhanced pension etc etc, but still have not ruled out taking it next year even on worse terms.
Good luck and put your feet up
I was praying they kept the old MTSF deal as I am 55 next year and wanted to go with enhanced pension etc etc, but still have not ruled out taking it next year even on worse terms.
Good luck and put your feet up