ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Delivery timings

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
The Goats Toe
Posts: 26
Joined: 29 Sep 2009, 18:45
Gender: Male

Delivery timings

Post by The Goats Toe »

As part of my degree I'm doing a piece on delivery procedures, but I require a couple of pieces of info,

1. How long does Royal Mail allow for delivery to a house? Terrace and semi
2. How long does Royal Mail allow for delivery to a business? Inc time for signed for items and without

Thanks
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Re: Delivery timings

Post by 97gaz »

[
Last edited by 97gaz on 15 Dec 2019, 16:18, edited 1 time in total.
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

Re: Delivery timings

Post by redneck »

97gaz wrote:
The Goats Toe wrote:As part of my degree I'm doing a piece on delivery procedures, but I require a couple of pieces of info,

1. How long does Royal Mail allow for delivery to a house? Terrace and semi
2. How long does Royal Mail allow for delivery to a business? Inc time for signed for items and without

Thanks
1. 8 seconds
2. 1 minute
Seriously? No wonder the planners are way out with their office revisions :arrrghhh
CharlesSpooner
Posts: 383
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
Gender: Male

Re: Delivery timings

Post by CharlesSpooner »

97gaz wrote:
The Goats Toe wrote:As part of my degree I'm doing a piece on delivery procedures, but I require a couple of pieces of info,

1. How long does Royal Mail allow for delivery to a house? Terrace and semi
2. How long does Royal Mail allow for delivery to a business? Inc time for signed for items and without

Thanks
1. 8 seconds
2. 1 minute
Unless you're going to a house to leave a parcel with a neighbour. Apparently that takes no time whatsoever :crazy:
Collecting from a box - No time, just magically absorbed :arrrghhh
New Ebay customer collection - not time consuming :shock:
ThatsNotPlumb
Posts: 165
Joined: 08 Feb 2012, 22:33
Gender: Male

Re: Delivery timings

Post by ThatsNotPlumb »

97gaz wrote:
The Goats Toe wrote:As part of my degree I'm doing a piece on delivery procedures, but I require a couple of pieces of info,

1. How long does Royal Mail allow for delivery to a house? Terrace and semi
2. How long does Royal Mail allow for delivery to a business? Inc time for signed for items and without

Thanks
1. 8 seconds
2. 1 minute
:crazy:
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Delivery timings

Post by Darren Bent »

I would suggest writing a piece on something different and what degree as you doing it for ? I think we have 30 seconds on each delivery point roughly but it all depends on location.