I'm new to the job and have needed reading glasses since last year but I'm finding I'm having to put my glasses on and off all the time to read addresses, particularly when the font is really small .
If I keep them on my head they keep falling off and if they are in my pocket I struggle to get them out as I'm carrying so many other things........
Anyone else have this problem and has a miracle solution?
I have the same problem as you. I perch mine on top of my head when I'm not using them, occasionally they fall off but they seem to bounce and are quite cheap to buy off the shelf. I find I cannot use them though when it's raining I just have to squint lol
How about getting bifocals - with a clear distance perscription. That way, you can read clealry with your reading perscription, and look through a clear lens when you're out and about.
I use an off the shelf pair at 1.5 magnification for indoors outside in daylight I am fine appart from towerblocks the new energy efficient lighting is terrible. If I find any letters or packets with very small typeface on when I am sorting (esp those Chinese ones) I just write the house number very large in the corner.
As per previous answer bifocals/varifocals would prob do the trick, depending on how strong your prescription is you could also talk to your optician about using a contact lens in just 1 eye.
antcpfc wrote:I wear varifocal glasses. A bit more expensive but they do the job
Snap
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
I'm short sighted so when dumped on a new loop I need my specs to see the street and house numbers (if they exist) as wasn't the first time I marched down a drive squinting at the number and found it wasn't the one I was looking for.