ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Annual leave query with leaving the business!!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Morning7
Posts: 3
Joined: 21 May 2015, 19:58
Gender: Male

Annual leave query with leaving the business!!

Post by Morning7 »

Hi folks, I'm leaving the business after 8 and a half years service (yay) and I'm really unsure what happens with my annual leave. I've used up 2 weeks already but I pay for a extra week and with that il have 3 weeks left over, my manager is telling me though that I'm not entitled to take the 3 weeks left because I haven't worked near a full year (I'm leaving in November).. Is this true?? If so would Royal Mail pay me for my remainder of holidays??

Thanks guys,

Jamie
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Annual leave query with leaving the business!!

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

If you leave in November you will have just over half of your annual leave entitlement (7/12th of it) if you have used less than that they will pay you for remainder if used more that will be deducted from you