Alan Johnson MP as we know is an ex-OPG. Have to say while this was a bit too much like being at work to be really enjoyable it did reveal 2 things:
We at RM are all a bit mental - some more so than others!
Alan Johnson is a bit of a muppet, and seems to remember himself as being the fastest sorter RM has ever seen.
I liked the bit when he was on the rural delivery and asked the postie how much training he'd had on the route - and was surprised it was only one day! Then again, I was surprised it was that much.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
NWpostie wrote:Watched it last night I thought it was interesting how the TPO exchanged bags, some flashbacks of long gone working practices.
Had seen that before on Blue Peter or something similar. It is really incredible they did that several times per day with trains going at full speed!! You can imagine it can't have always gone well....a poorly strapped-up bag done in a rush. Think of the carnage all over the tracks!!! You would have had to book just a bit of docket to tidy all that mess up!!!! I imagine they must have had 'Sorry your item was damaged' bags back then with 'Sorry your item was run over by a bloody Express Train' variations!!!
Rainbow wrote:good programme, does anyone know where that museum he visited was?
Without having watched the programme.
I think it may have been the Postal Museum Depot at Loughton.
It is not a museum persay but where the museum stores its non display items.
They have an open day about once a month and give a conducted tour around the store.
It's well worth a visit. http://www.postalheritage.org.uk/visiting/museum/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rainbow wrote:good programme, does anyone know where that museum he visited was?
Without having watched the programme.
I think it may have been the Postal Museum Depot at Loughton.
It is not a museum persay but where the museum stores its non display items.
They have an open day about once a month and give a conducted tour around the store.
It's well worth a visit. http://www.postalheritage.org.uk/visiting/museum/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;