ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

pay

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
chillout1571
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 82
Joined: 19 Aug 2015, 18:25
Gender: Male

pay

Post by chillout1571 »

I have worked for the royal mail for nearly 6 weeks now. It's been alright overall, not brilliant.

However since week two I have been owed overtime from the first week. So I've enquired 3 times and the managers have told me to basically speak to someone else. So finally today I spoke to someone who works with pay. It took 40 minutes routing through old paper time sheets and lots of umms and arrrs. Then they said they would 'trust me' just this once that I hadn't been paid it.


It might sound like a trivial matter, however they couldn't have made the experience anymore unpleasant if they tried.

Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: pay

Post by Judgee »

Three things in life you can be certain of........ Death, taxes and the fact that RM will regularly screw up your overtime payments! :cuppa
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
Nondescript
Posts: 232
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: pay

Post by Nondescript »

chillout1571 wrote:I have worked for the royal mail for nearly 6 weeks now. It's been alright overall, not brilliant.

However since week two I have been owed overtime from the first week. So I've enquired 3 times and the managers have told me to basically speak to someone else. So finally today I spoke to someone who works with pay. It took 40 minutes routing through old paper time sheets and lots of umms and arrrs. Then they said they would 'trust me' just this once that I hadn't been paid it.


It might sound like a trivial matter, however they couldn't have made the experience anymore unpleasant if they tried.

Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks
Expect to experience this unpleasant experience almost every time you make an overtime claim. It's not a trivial matter, and you'll soon come to resent the scumbag overlords who steal money you've earned to further their chances of a larger bonus payment.
chillout1571
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 82
Joined: 19 Aug 2015, 18:25
Gender: Male

Re: pay

Post by chillout1571 »

They seem to have a terrible attitude about a lot of things. It's almost like they go out of their way to make anything you request as painful as possible. I'm dreading reminding them about my pre-booked holiday at the end of this month. They were arsey about one day.
alliasjay
Posts: 39
Joined: 19 Mar 2012, 10:14
Gender: Male

Re: pay

Post by alliasjay »

Take a picture of the overtime sheet once it's been signed off each time you do overtime. There's your proof ;) I've had that issue many times. They still owe me a full days pay since a few months back, wish I had taken my own advice at the time >.< Live and learn
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: pay

Post by eastie »

alliasjay wrote:Take a picture of the overtime sheet once it's been signed off each time you do overtime. There's your proof ;) I've had that issue many times. They still owe me a full days pay since a few months back, wish I had taken my own advice at the time >.< Live and learn
good idea, never thought of that
alliasjay
Posts: 39
Joined: 19 Mar 2012, 10:14
Gender: Male

Re: pay

Post by alliasjay »

Goes the same for your annual leave sheet... If your like me and tend to loose bits of paper... take a picture..back that up...boom... saves a lot of hassle.
salomon
Posts: 52
Joined: 28 Nov 2014, 21:18
Gender: Female

Re: pay

Post by salomon »

Keep a record of all days and times you work on a calender as sometimes you need to check back weeks!! Dont ever give up asking!
alliasjay
Posts: 39
Joined: 19 Mar 2012, 10:14
Gender: Male

Re: pay

Post by alliasjay »

True... once you give up it's gone.
toomuchcoke
Posts: 309
Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
Gender: Male

Re: pay

Post by toomuchcoke »

alliasjay wrote:Take a picture of the overtime sheet once it's been signed off each time you do overtime. There's your proof ;) I've had that issue many times. They still owe me a full days pay since a few months back, wish I had taken my own advice at the time >.< Live and learn
This was so much easier when we had a sheet for the entire week each, rather than a sheet for the entire office each day!
steven1984
Posts: 1
Joined: 10 Nov 2011, 15:28
Gender: Male

Re: pay

Post by steven1984 »

i done overtime on delivery 4weeks ago and still haven't been paid iv'e spoken to the main delivery manager but he dosent seem to want to pay me what shall i do?