ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Stiffing mail....advise please
-
centenaryman
- Posts: 512
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
- Gender: Male
Stiffing mail....advise please
for close on 2 years,,,,once a week the walk holder stiffs a pile of mail some weeks upto 8" pile off mail.
whether or not they are doing it aint in question....I wont go into details but its quite easy when u return to the office to see whats been brought back.
ive chewed this over once a week for 2 years give or take a few weeks,,,hols or sick
I think I know what has to be done and its not going to be pretty.......
whether or not they are doing it aint in question....I wont go into details but its quite easy when u return to the office to see whats been brought back.
ive chewed this over once a week for 2 years give or take a few weeks,,,hols or sick
I think I know what has to be done and its not going to be pretty.......
-
sjnb6
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 16 May 2013, 21:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Stiffing mail....advise please
I've not come across that phrase before what does it entail
-
centenaryman
- Posts: 512
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Stiffing mail....advise please
sorry....cant be arsed delivering letters...
I don't mean dog at large....or gate locked or no access,,,,,i mean out right cant be bothered to deliver
I don't mean dog at large....or gate locked or no access,,,,,i mean out right cant be bothered to deliver
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Stiffing mail....advise please
I know what you mean mate,2 houses on my walk are down a 200 yd path off the beaten track,it's funny how when I come back from my day off there's always mail for one or the other,when normally they get very little mailcentenaryman wrote:sorry....cant be arsed delivering letters...
I don't mean dog at large....or gate locked or no access,,,,,i mean out right cant be bothered to deliver
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
stressed157
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 23 Jul 2015, 17:58
- Gender: Female
Re: Stiffing mail....advise please
It's widespread in our office. Management don't care.
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Stiffing mail....advise please
There's an aggressive dog on my walk that only the floater has seen so a whole cul-de-sac doesn't get any mail don't get me started on walking up a flight of stairs
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Stiffing mail....advise please
centenaryman wrote:for close on 2 years,,,,once a week the walk holder stiffs a pile of mail some weeks upto 8" pile off mail.
whether or not they are doing it aint in question....I wont go into details but its quite easy when u return to the office to see whats been brought back.
ive chewed this over once a week for 2 years give or take a few weeks,,,hols or sick
I think I know what has to be done and its not going to be pretty.......
Quite simple the choice is to grass on him or not,
My opinion is that he is out of order and maybe should get the sack over it, but at end of the day the management are paid to get a grip of this sort of thing not you, so unless you have aspirations of becoming a manager I would just ignore it and get on with your job unless it is stopping you from finishing on time
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Stiffing mail....advise please
I know on a few rounds I've done the 'inconvenient' calls will often be 'mis-sorted' by the roundholder if there is just one piece of junk or marketing card etc. that day and left for the next day until there is a proper letter or magazine/packet.
This is what people are tempted to do when under such pressure.
This is what people are tempted to do when under such pressure.
-
CAMPINGBLUNDERER
- Posts: 182
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 14:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Stiffing mail....advise please
One of our walk holders just puts any "missorts" in a letters collection sack , funnily it's always the long lanes or the same farms
You can tell because it all turns up on ips the next day rather than walk sorted and the dates are all out by a day.
You can tell because it all turns up on ips the next day rather than walk sorted and the dates are all out by a day.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Stiffing mail....advise please
There was a duty I used to day off cover and I always thought that this god-forsaken desolate house down a mile of dirt track had loads of mail - I had to go down there every time I was on it. It wasn't until I had to cover this duty for a few weeks, every day of the week, that I realised the truth - they only get a letter or magazine once a week or so and it was always left for me! Bring on 100% tracking of all mail in my opinion, it will sort out some of those lazy beggars!
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Stiffing mail....advise please
Had a guy on Rurals that ALWAYS use to leave the Isolated Farms and Cottages for the Reserve to deliver. Just used to play him at his own game!
Next day he'd come in and look at the mail and say. "Did you go down to that Farm"? and I'd say "No they didn't have any mail". You could see the cogs turning in his mind, wanting to say "They did have some mail because I left it". But what was he going to do? Drop himself in it? 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12185
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Stiffing mail....advise please
They won't get away with it soon when it comes to parcels as every parcel or nearly every parcel will be trackable by the end of the year
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Stiffing mail....advise please
You don't get away with it in delivery on parcels anway - they are usually too big to hide anywhere and only the most stupid postie would try to slope a packet back into the system without reasonable cause. Its usually only letters that get sloped at ours by the runners and chancers.SpacePhoenix wrote:They won't get away with it soon when it comes to parcels as every parcel or nearly every parcel will be trackable by the end of the year
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Stiffing mail....advise please
8 INCHES of MAIL!!centenaryman wrote:for close on 2 years,,,,once a week the walk holder stiffs a pile of mail some weeks upto 8" pile off mail.
whether or not they are doing it aint in question....I wont go into details but its quite easy when u return to the office to see whats been brought back.
ive chewed this over once a week for 2 years give or take a few weeks,,,hols or sick
I think I know what has to be done and its not going to be pretty.......
Dob the f****r in. He's probably going home early on these 'can't be bothered' days too. It's lazy areswipes like this that make their walks look easily doable and leads to more drops being put on each duty.
A few letters a day might be missorted sure but 8 INCHES is taking the piss bigtime.
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Stiffing mail....advise please
had the same problem a few years ago with the first park and loop partner i had, used to keep piles of mail overnight in the back of the van (under a massive pile of old disused bags) then sneak them onto the IPS the next morning, trying to tell me the were missorts or for businesses that were ''closed''
mentioned it to management a few times and nothing was done about it, 4 years later the persons still working here and has now been made up to full-time
mentioned it to management a few times and nothing was done about it, 4 years later the persons still working here and has now been made up to full-time