ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Office Transfer

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dtregonning
Posts: 2
Joined: 29 Sep 2015, 17:03
Gender: Male

Office Transfer

Post by dtregonning »

Hi,

Im looking to move house in the coming months which will be about an hour away from my current office. I will therefore require a transfer to an office in the Plymouth area. I have spoken to my DOM who does not believe I will be able to get transfer for the foreseeable future. I am unsure whether the manager has done any paper work or made any efforts into ensuring that I will eventually move offices. Could you please advice me on the steps I need to take in order to request a transfer. As you can understand I am moving a considerable distance from my current office and therefore it would not be viable for me to commute every day. I also would need to know when I will be able to move into my new house.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Office Transfer

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

there is an official transfer site on RMG http://rmg.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_royalmail11.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; apply on that and see what happens. Also might be worth visiting the new offices DOM just to test the water.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Office Transfer

Post by Bahia Feliz »

dtregonning wrote: . I also would need to know when I will be able to move into my new house.
When you get the keys maybe? :crazy:
dtregonning
Posts: 2
Joined: 29 Sep 2015, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Office Transfer

Post by dtregonning »

Bahia Feliz wrote:
dtregonning wrote: . I also would need to know when I will be able to move into my new house.
When you get the keys maybe? :crazy:
Hilarious.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: Office Transfer

Post by NewPostieUK »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:there is an official transfer site on RMG http://rmg.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_royalmail11.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; apply on that and see what happens. Also might be worth visiting the new offices DOM just to test the water.
I can't find anything there about transfers at all. It simply searches vacancies which invariably are temp, 3 month contract, part time etc. No good to any permanent employee including part timers such as myself.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Office Transfer

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Thats the correct site, it just so happens that at present there are no vacancies matching your request, don't forget there has to be a vacancy to be able to transfer into. As suggested before visit the DO and see if there is anything available, or you could even see if someone wants to swap (rare but it does happen).
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Office Transfer

Post by datasaint »

---
Last edited by datasaint on 28 Aug 2024, 22:22, edited 1 time in total.
eggraidonmojo
Posts: 120
Joined: 06 Nov 2012, 16:44
Gender: Male

Re: Office Transfer

Post by eggraidonmojo »

Hi,

I think that site may be out of date. I came to another site through the myroyalmail.com portal whilst looking at transfers myself.

you may need to register with myroyalmail.com first if you haven't already.

but anyway, the site is here: https://performancemanager.successfacto ... 252fE%253d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

your log in is your pay number

and your password is your national insurance number in the following format: AA112233b (the last letter is lower case)

after you've logged in for the first time you can change the password.

to search job vacancies click 'home' in the top left, then select 'careers'.
Sand87
Posts: 10
Joined: 23 Sep 2015, 12:45
Gender: Male

Re: Office Transfer

Post by Sand87 »

I tried logging in with my paryroll number and NI number and got a 'Invalid Username or Password' response.
eggraidonmojo
Posts: 120
Joined: 06 Nov 2012, 16:44
Gender: Male

Re: Office Transfer

Post by eggraidonmojo »

Sand87 wrote:I tried logging in with my paryroll number and NI number and got a 'Invalid Username or Password' response.
Ah - strange. Maybe you have to get there via http://www.myroyalmail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

From there, follow the 'Me at Work' link, and then 'Careers'...
payetwhu
Posts: 54
Joined: 31 Aug 2013, 21:05
Gender: Male

Re: Office Transfer

Post by payetwhu »

I can't log in at all ni number or payroll doesn't work
stan_lers
Posts: 136
Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 21:52
Gender: Male

Re: Office Transfer

Post by stan_lers »

NewPostieUK wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:there is an official transfer site on RMG http://rmg.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_royalmail11.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; apply on that and see what happens. Also might be worth visiting the new offices DOM just to test the water.
I can't find anything there about transfers at all. It simply searches vacancies which invariably are temp, 3 month contract, part time etc. No good to any permanent employee including part timers such as myself.
It looks exactly like the public jobs site but I think they come up on there a few weeks early so employees have a chance to apply.

You can't just switch to another office, you have to wait for a job to become available there (which will always be PT, usually 20hrs these days) and transfer into that vacancy. I've been waiting 2 years to move to a nearer office, but I've only seen 2 or 3 vacancies come up in that time and all were on too few hours.