ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Saturday AG - Holiday Entitlement and Bank Holidays
-
Scrumpy
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 28 Sep 2015, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Saturday AG - Holiday Entitlement and Bank Holidays
Can anyone advise , I am on 6 month Saturday only contract at 8 hours a week, renewed twice ,my holiday entitlement is 4.5 days per year, when I check on the Government Website it shows I should receive 5.5 days, if I work 8 hours, which is correct. Also as I am Saturday only, with Bank Holidays why do I not receive credits as nether scheduled to work nearly all Bank Holdays
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Saturday AG - Holiday Entitlement and Bank Holidays
Maybe one day is kept for Boxing Day 
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Saturday AG - Holiday Entitlement and Bank Holidays
Your correct leave entitlement is 6 days, that is made up of 4.5 days annual leave and 1.5 days bank holiday entitlement
-
Scrumpy
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 28 Sep 2015, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Saturday AG - Holiday Entitlement and Bank Holidays
Thanks for the replies, my leave card only states 4.5 days for this and next year is the same as we just signed for holidays
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Saturday AG - Holiday Entitlement and Bank Holidays
Scrumpy wrote:Thanks for the replies, my leave card only states 4.5 days for this and next year is the same as we just signed for holidays
The extra days are shown seperately on our leave cards, and only appear after the BH has passed. However you are entitled to it so if you are in the Union get the rep on to it, or the Area Rep. If not then make a case with as much detail and documentary evidence (web page prints etc) as possible and present it to the manager/book room (whoever is responsible for leave).
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
feduppostie
- Posts: 947
- Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46
Re: Saturday AG - Holiday Entitlement and Bank Holidays
If I recall correctly staff that work less than 24 hours per week receive 1/5 of their normal hours for every bank holiday credit
so 8 hours a week about 1hr 36 credit for each bank holiday to be given back to you
so 8 hours a week about 1hr 36 credit for each bank holiday to be given back to you
-
Scrumpy
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 28 Sep 2015, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Saturday AG - Holiday Entitlement and Bank Holidays
Thanks for the b/h info, will chase this up with the manager
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Saturday AG - Holiday Entitlement and Bank Holidays
feduppostie wrote:If I recall correctly staff that work less than 24 hours per week receive 1/5 of their normal hours for every bank holiday credit
so 8 hours a week about 1hr 36 credit for each bank holiday to be given back to you
incorrect it's the number of attendances that pt staff have that rule how many bank holidays they are entitled to