ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Office Transfer
-
dtregonning
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 29 Sep 2015, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Office Transfer
Hi,
Im looking to move house in the coming months which will be about an hour away from my current office. I will therefore require a transfer to an office in the Plymouth area. I have spoken to my DOM who does not believe I will be able to get transfer for the foreseeable future. I am unsure whether the manager has done any paper work or made any efforts into ensuring that I will eventually move offices. Could you please advice me on the steps I need to take in order to request a transfer. As you can understand I am moving a considerable distance from my current office and therefore it would not be viable for me to commute every day. I also would need to know when I will be able to move into my new house.
Im looking to move house in the coming months which will be about an hour away from my current office. I will therefore require a transfer to an office in the Plymouth area. I have spoken to my DOM who does not believe I will be able to get transfer for the foreseeable future. I am unsure whether the manager has done any paper work or made any efforts into ensuring that I will eventually move offices. Could you please advice me on the steps I need to take in order to request a transfer. As you can understand I am moving a considerable distance from my current office and therefore it would not be viable for me to commute every day. I also would need to know when I will be able to move into my new house.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Office Transfer
there is an official transfer site on RMG http://rmg.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_royalmail11.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; apply on that and see what happens. Also might be worth visiting the new offices DOM just to test the water.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Office Transfer
When you get the keys maybe?dtregonning wrote: . I also would need to know when I will be able to move into my new house.
-
dtregonning
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 29 Sep 2015, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Office Transfer
Hilarious.Bahia Feliz wrote:When you get the keys maybe?dtregonning wrote: . I also would need to know when I will be able to move into my new house.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Office Transfer
I can't find anything there about transfers at all. It simply searches vacancies which invariably are temp, 3 month contract, part time etc. No good to any permanent employee including part timers such as myself.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:there is an official transfer site on RMG http://rmg.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_royalmail11.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; apply on that and see what happens. Also might be worth visiting the new offices DOM just to test the water.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Office Transfer
Thats the correct site, it just so happens that at present there are no vacancies matching your request, don't forget there has to be a vacancy to be able to transfer into. As suggested before visit the DO and see if there is anything available, or you could even see if someone wants to swap (rare but it does happen).
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
-
eggraidonmojo
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 06 Nov 2012, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Office Transfer
Hi,
I think that site may be out of date. I came to another site through the myroyalmail.com portal whilst looking at transfers myself.
you may need to register with myroyalmail.com first if you haven't already.
but anyway, the site is here: https://performancemanager.successfacto ... 252fE%253d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
your log in is your pay number
and your password is your national insurance number in the following format: AA112233b (the last letter is lower case)
after you've logged in for the first time you can change the password.
to search job vacancies click 'home' in the top left, then select 'careers'.
I think that site may be out of date. I came to another site through the myroyalmail.com portal whilst looking at transfers myself.
you may need to register with myroyalmail.com first if you haven't already.
but anyway, the site is here: https://performancemanager.successfacto ... 252fE%253d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
your log in is your pay number
and your password is your national insurance number in the following format: AA112233b (the last letter is lower case)
after you've logged in for the first time you can change the password.
to search job vacancies click 'home' in the top left, then select 'careers'.
-
Sand87
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 23 Sep 2015, 12:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Office Transfer
I tried logging in with my paryroll number and NI number and got a 'Invalid Username or Password' response.
-
eggraidonmojo
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 06 Nov 2012, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Office Transfer
Ah - strange. Maybe you have to get there via http://www.myroyalmail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.Sand87 wrote:I tried logging in with my paryroll number and NI number and got a 'Invalid Username or Password' response.
From there, follow the 'Me at Work' link, and then 'Careers'...
-
payetwhu
- Posts: 54
- Joined: 31 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Office Transfer
I can't log in at all ni number or payroll doesn't work
-
stan_lers
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Office Transfer
It looks exactly like the public jobs site but I think they come up on there a few weeks early so employees have a chance to apply.NewPostieUK wrote:I can't find anything there about transfers at all. It simply searches vacancies which invariably are temp, 3 month contract, part time etc. No good to any permanent employee including part timers such as myself.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:there is an official transfer site on RMG http://rmg.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_royalmail11.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; apply on that and see what happens. Also might be worth visiting the new offices DOM just to test the water.
You can't just switch to another office, you have to wait for a job to become available there (which will always be PT, usually 20hrs these days) and transfer into that vacancy. I've been waiting 2 years to move to a nearer office, but I've only seen 2 or 3 vacancies come up in that time and all were on too few hours.