ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Annual Leave

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
nhoj14
Posts: 3
Joined: 26 Sep 2015, 17:12
Gender: Male

Annual Leave

Post by nhoj14 »

I am on wally weeks and they take 6 days annual leave for every week I book off now. It always used to be 5. I'm sure they only take 5 days off for people on rotating days off a week. Is this correct?
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Annual Leave

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

Yes its correct t 6 days off your leave allowance for wally week off and 5 days if rotating day off, works out exactly same amount of time off per year,
nhoj14
Posts: 3
Joined: 26 Sep 2015, 17:12
Gender: Male

Re: Annual Leave

Post by nhoj14 »

How is it correct tho? If I work 6 days a week for 5 weeks and then have a week off I work a total of 30 days and if someone on rotating day off works 5 days a week for 6 weeks they work a total of 30 days so why do they only take 5 days holiday when they have a week off & 6 days holidaay when I have a week off?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Annual Leave

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

nhoj14 wrote:How is it correct tho? If I work 6 days a week for 5 weeks and then have a week off I work a total of 30 days and if someone on rotating day off works 5 days a week for 6 weeks they work a total of 30 days so why do they only take 5 days holiday when they have a week off & 6 days holidaay when I have a week off?
Basically you use 6 days because one of them counts to your next wally week.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Re: Annual Leave

Post by 97gaz »

[