ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
recomending a pair of trainers
-
wheresourmoney
- Posts: 170
- Joined: 27 Jan 2011, 14:50
- Gender: Male
recomending a pair of trainers
Hi everyone, just been diagnose with that heel problem [ i'm not going to even try to spell it ] and I was just wondering if any of you lads could recommend a good pair of trainers that will last. cheers.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: recomending a pair of trainers
These shoes - http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Balance-624 ... B00U2BK8NG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
These insoles - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sorbothane-Sing ... 007TTQSI8/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You won't get better cushioning/support.
These insoles - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sorbothane-Sing ... 007TTQSI8/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You won't get better cushioning/support.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: recomending a pair of trainers
You know you can get help towards shoes/trainers from Royal Mail if you have a doctors note.
Thinks it's £30,see dumb arse (never heard of that sonny don't believe everything you read on the internet) screw for details.
Thinks it's £30,see dumb arse (never heard of that sonny don't believe everything you read on the internet) screw for details.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
wheresourmoney
- Posts: 170
- Joined: 27 Jan 2011, 14:50
- Gender: Male
Re: recomending a pair of trainers
Cheers for your answers lads.
-
Decky Boy
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
- Gender: Male
Re: recomending a pair of trainers
Norm... you've recommended running shoes
We don't run around our duties anymore... it's a health and safety thing 
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: recomending a pair of trainers
These should keep your feet healthier than those Anvils or YDS things and they look better
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: recomending a pair of trainers
If you've got "Plantars" don't despair it does get better eventually. You've just got to manage it until it does.
You'll probably be taking a lot of Ibuprofen & Paracetamol on a daily basis. It's worse once your tendon has stiffened up, so plenty of stretching before you get out of bed and start walking about.
Once your actually walking it seems to improve,but can still be a pain (Literally)
Inform your DOM and don't get stressed about the job. They may have to remove some work from you. Don't let them Bully you about "Having to look for another job etc" Your covered by the disability act and your problem cannot be used as an excuse to sack you!
Personally I find RMs YDS trainers quite comfortable, and I've had a lot of foot problems. I would try to use cushioned walking type socks though, just to give you a bit more comfort. It may very well take 12 months to get better but it does sort itself out. Never had as many foot problems as this when we had the bikes. I wonder if RM aren't leaving themselves open to a lot of claims for industrial injuries in the long term?
Good Luck with your problem. 
Once your actually walking it seems to improve,but can still be a pain (Literally)
Personally I find RMs YDS trainers quite comfortable, and I've had a lot of foot problems. I would try to use cushioned walking type socks though, just to give you a bit more comfort. It may very well take 12 months to get better but it does sort itself out. Never had as many foot problems as this when we had the bikes. I wonder if RM aren't leaving themselves open to a lot of claims for industrial injuries in the long term?
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
N1-22postman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 13 Oct 2010, 08:31
- Gender: Male
Re: recomending a pair of trainers
If it was plantar fasciitis you were diagnosed with - you have my sympathy - it is a common problem for people who run and walk a lot. It gets better after 12 to 18 months. I got referred by my GP to a podiatrist who prescribed insole supports for the arches of my feet - you can also buy these over the counter. I saw royal mail occupational health services and they organised a visit to an expert who gave me exercises to do and to correct my posture as the problem is connected with the your legs and back. My manager had to follow their recommendations which included help with my walking duty. I found royal mail trainers OK with the insole supports and I also found that gel insoles helped. Best of luck.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: recomending a pair of trainers
I've had the dreaded PF and it took me over a year to get rid of it,I brought a slant board of Amazon and use that every day now to stretch my calves,I've recently started running again and I'm starting to get the warning sign's again,don't really want to stop running as I find it relaxing,I might try vibram 5 fingers has anyone got any experience with these?
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
jessie2
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 14 Apr 2015, 09:56
- Gender: Female
Re: recomending a pair of trainers
Hi guys,
at least it seems most of you got shoes appropriate to your gender at least
I'm not a man and all I got was man's boots. No wonder am now limping and got a
podiatry appointment looming!
at least it seems most of you got shoes appropriate to your gender at least
I'm not a man and all I got was man's boots. No wonder am now limping and got a
podiatry appointment looming!
-
hazzeem025
- Posts: 280
- Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 18:09
- Gender: Male
Re: recomending a pair of trainers
I do a lot of fell running and was amazed when my physio told me that the constant walking everyday actually causes the arch in each foot to collapse over time. It wasn't the fell running that was making my feet ache but the 23 years of walking the streets. I now have arch support insoles and my feet are much better. You can get them off amazon/ebay and they come in low/neutral/high arch depending on the shape/condition of your feet. Mine were 30 quid.
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: recomending a pair of trainers
what happens if you are like me and are flatfooted I wonder if I will develop the problem
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: recomending a pair of trainers
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brace%C2%AE-Pla ... +fasciitis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;DB1100 wrote:I've had the dreaded PF and it took me over a year to get rid of it,I brought a slant board of Amazon and use that every day now to stretch my calves,I've recently started running again and I'm starting to get the warning sign's again,don't really want to stop running as I find it relaxing,I might try vibram 5 fingers has anyone got any experience with these?
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71qguEcUGuL._SL1346_.jpg
I do a bit of running and had PF for a couple years, pretty minor but some days my heel feels pretty tender and have ordered this so will let you know if it has any effect.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: recomending a pair of trainers
Try merrels, I've had them for 3yrs, ok, well, about 3 pairs a yr but the team issue shoes are crap and not fit for purpose. Seriously, if you were doing a charity walk or something, around 50 miles a week or 2500 miles a yr or round the world in about 7 yrs, would you go to a shop and buy what rm give you? Get some good gel insoles as well, with arch support if you need it. As has been said, when we had bikes we were nowhere near as knackered with feet, knee, hip and back pains. And they want us to work until what age?