Anyone able to shed any light through experience? 60-120 minutes of stress testing via phonecall. Seems a bit long.
Anxiety and depression work related.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Oh assist stress test?
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Oh assist stress test?
No standard answers or questions mate.
It won't last that long.
What might help is if the person receiving the call has a sheet of paper with how the conditions affect them in their job and everyday life and gets their point across that way.
What oh assist are prone to doing is good cop then bad cop.
Try and remain calmish,and bear in mind the person calling you probably isn't qualified and is reading from a standard script.
As for "stress testing" that's a misnomer,its not a pass or fail as depression and anxiety manifest differently from person to person.
Hopefully the person being called has seen their gp,if not then sees them asap.
Also have a list of meds and side effects etc
It won't last that long.
What might help is if the person receiving the call has a sheet of paper with how the conditions affect them in their job and everyday life and gets their point across that way.
What oh assist are prone to doing is good cop then bad cop.
Try and remain calmish,and bear in mind the person calling you probably isn't qualified and is reading from a standard script.
As for "stress testing" that's a misnomer,its not a pass or fail as depression and anxiety manifest differently from person to person.
Hopefully the person being called has seen their gp,if not then sees them asap.
Also have a list of meds and side effects etc
I won
-
Jack Rouse
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 09 Jul 2014, 20:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Oh assist stress test?
I'd agree with all the above, plus don't hold anything back, tell them exactly what they need to know.
If you've been referred to a mental health unit, if you are still on their or in their care, details of emergency contacts.
Don't be afraid to tell them what causes your stress and anxiety level to rise, be it struggling to keep with a partner, or not taking breaks because you've got it in your head you are slow.
When I opened up to OHS, I found myself on a singlelton van duty, I also have a designated manager who knows all about my mental health, and deals with any issues I have at work, he works closely with both the union reps to see that I am not put under any undue pressure, this all makes me feel more secure at work, aided by the fact that I have been ring-fenced on my walk
If you've been referred to a mental health unit, if you are still on their or in their care, details of emergency contacts.
Don't be afraid to tell them what causes your stress and anxiety level to rise, be it struggling to keep with a partner, or not taking breaks because you've got it in your head you are slow.
When I opened up to OHS, I found myself on a singlelton van duty, I also have a designated manager who knows all about my mental health, and deals with any issues I have at work, he works closely with both the union reps to see that I am not put under any undue pressure, this all makes me feel more secure at work, aided by the fact that I have been ring-fenced on my walk
-
mudmonster
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 28 Apr 2010, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Oh assist stress test?
Occi health were fine with me about the issues I raised ,even sent me to counselling.Glad I am out of RM now,too many cliques and too much favouritism.
-
mudmonster
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 28 Apr 2010, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Oh assist stress test?
Your Union Reps /Managers are decent people by the sound of it ,good luck and take it easy,Is it others telling you your too slow?Jack Rouse wrote:I'd agree with all the above, plus don't hold anything back, tell them exactly what they need to know.
If you've been referred to a mental health unit, if you are still on their or in their care, details of emergency contacts.
Don't be afraid to tell them what causes your stress and anxiety level to rise, be it struggling to keep with a partner, or not taking breaks because you've got it in your head you are slow.
When I opened up to OHS, I found myself on a singlelton van duty, I also have a designated manager who knows all about my mental health, and deals with any issues I have at work, he works closely with both the union reps to see that I am not put under any undue pressure, this all makes me feel more secure at work, aided by the fact that I have been ring-fenced on my walk