Anyway, decade and a half of working for RM took its toll, knackered everyday,
knees, ankles and back taking a battering.
Scouring job centre and other sites left me feeling there was no alternative other than
minimum wage, temp zero hours jobs - I'm guessing there are quite a few here who will identify with that...
There are decent alternatives though, where RM experience is a positive advantage.
Postie = walking, driving and dealing with public
Bus driver = NO walking, driving and dealing with public.
No surprise, I am now a bus driver, working for first group.
Obviously it won't suit everyone, for me though its the ideal job
after RM.
Lets be honest, RM want 20 something roadrunners these days, just the way it is.
If you feel like a change, Google "first careers", or whatever bus firm operates in your area.
Best thing I did, hope this post gives someone else the idea to make the change.