Been told in our DO that this Thursday we will have a Rugby World Cup D2D from Sun Newspaper to deliver. Anyone heard about this?
I saw the LTB last month about a bespoke D2D item scheduled for Sept 29th for some areas, but have haven't heard anything else and obviously the dates would be wrong if it was for this.
Some duties in my DO already have 4 contracts for next week, one of which is about 14 bundles per duty. Gonna be a fun week if this Rugby D2D is coming in as well.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Rugby World Cup D2D this week?
-
Mezza
- Posts: 405
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 21:56
- Location: West London
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Rugby World Cup D2D this week?
Who watches rugby?
-
thecompletepackage
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 03 Mar 2011, 21:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Rugby World Cup D2D this week?
Ha ha! The only benefit of a 4 day week - I don't work Wednesdays or Thursdays!! I presume they'll have to be delivered to every call on that day? Ouch!
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
Re: Rugby World Cup D2D this week?
Thats ok, means finish time will come even quicker 
-
BeamishStout
- Posts: 387
- Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Rugby World Cup D2D this week?
I asked the union rep today and mentioned that the LTB said summat about a contract to deliver an item weighing 20 grams next week But not to be delivered on Monday ??? WTF). Looks about the right weight for an 8-page freebie. Hope I am wrong. Anyone else shed any concrete information on this?Mezza wrote:Been told in our DO that this Thursday we will have a Rugby World Cup D2D from Sun Newspaper to deliver. Anyone heard about this?
I saw the LTB last month about a bespoke D2D item scheduled for Sept 29th for some areas, but have haven't heard anything else and obviously the dates would be wrong if it was for this.
Some duties in my DO already have 4 contracts for next week, one of which is about 14 bundles per duty. Gonna be a fun week if this Rugby D2D is coming in as well.
-
piranha
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 496
- Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 09:30
- Gender: Male
Re: Rugby World Cup D2D this week?
What?! I want a transferthecompletepackage wrote:Ha ha! The only benefit of a 4 day week - I don't work Wednesdays or Thursdays!! I presume they'll have to be delivered to every call on that day? Ouch!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Rugby World Cup D2D this week?
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 15&t=71011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;BeamishStout wrote:I asked the union rep today and mentioned that the LTB said summat about a contract to deliver an item weighing 20 grams next week But not to be delivered on Monday ??? WTF). Looks about the right weight for an 8-page freebie. Hope I am wrong. Anyone else shed any concrete information on this?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Mezza
- Posts: 405
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 21:56
- Location: West London
Re: Rugby World Cup D2D this week?
Doesn't look like the rumour about a Rugby D2D this Thursday was correct after all.
Perhaps wires getting crossed with the LTB regarding the bespoke item for the 29th.
Perhaps wires getting crossed with the LTB regarding the bespoke item for the 29th.
-
BeamishStout
- Posts: 387
- Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Rugby World Cup D2D this week?
Thanks for clearing this up 