Anyway I have two new developments in the very early stages and I should think the first houses will be built within the next 2-3 months. Approximately 40 detached houses with fairly big drives accross both developments. Whats the official way to deal with these as I'm reluctant to start delivering them as I'd be expected to swallow them up into my duty (like so many other posties have done
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New development
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
New development
Hey all
my duty already has enough work, 75% of the time I finish on time, 25% of the time I need to book overtime and I never finish early
so I'd say I'm pretty much on and sometimes above full capacity
Anyway I have two new developments in the very early stages and I should think the first houses will be built within the next 2-3 months. Approximately 40 detached houses with fairly big drives accross both developments. Whats the official way to deal with these as I'm reluctant to start delivering them as I'd be expected to swallow them up into my duty (like so many other posties have done
)!!
Anyway I have two new developments in the very early stages and I should think the first houses will be built within the next 2-3 months. Approximately 40 detached houses with fairly big drives accross both developments. Whats the official way to deal with these as I'm reluctant to start delivering them as I'd be expected to swallow them up into my duty (like so many other posties have done
-
cyrus
- Posts: 215
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:38
- Gender: Male
Re: New development
Start by cutting off when the first house goes up .Your already extending, so they'll just put it onto you anyway/
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: New development
Royal Mail's policy seems to be.....Ignore any new builds until they're built and they get the official notification from the council that they exist (I believe there is some kind of official procedure).....Then......Act all surprised and say "We weren't expecting that, what are we going to do, we're short staffed as it is"? 
I could perhaps understand that they can't recruit if there isn't the work but you'd think they'd plan ahead, recruit staff and say there's a job starting in 3 months. Perhaps that a bit too much planning for them, we know they just love flying by the seat of their pants!
I could perhaps understand that they can't recruit if there isn't the work but you'd think they'd plan ahead, recruit staff and say there's a job starting in 3 months. Perhaps that a bit too much planning for them, we know they just love flying by the seat of their pants!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Scotland1
- Posts: 180
- Joined: 06 Sep 2013, 16:17
- Gender: Female
Re: New development
Refuse to take out the said "new development" saying u have no time and if they make u take it either leave another part of ur walk or tell him u may bring some back but make sure u tell Them u may not complete
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Re: New development
You will get shafted mate, first letters start arriving for the site then big bulky stuff with plans in before its built then United utilities stuff start arriving with no letter boxes DOM will say then there is only a few letters just deliver them till it shows up on the A+ then they will be there permanent.
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
Re: New development
Mark a new slot on the IPS frame and put the mail in there. Then deny from day 1 the new delivery has anything to do with yours.
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Re: New development
yeah we got 1500 approx new homes in our office being built over the next few years, no doubt well have to absorb, 1500 delivery points thats 2 whole deliveries
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
Re: New development
1500
, nearly 3 dutys in our office!!
Yeah I have a feeling I might get the "its only a few letters" spiel
Seems like the management just want to bury their heads in the sand and are quite happy to try and bully you into working o/t!
Its happened on another duty, 350+ houses built, the frame is mahoosive (pretty sure its 800+ calls in total, 50% of them proper out of the way rural) and the walk holder has a constant battle refusing to take it out! He's not afraid to say he's cutting off but the daily 'arguments' he has are noticeably taking their toll on him! I would't be surprised if he ends up off with stress or floors someone one day!!
Yeah I have a feeling I might get the "its only a few letters" spiel
Its happened on another duty, 350+ houses built, the frame is mahoosive (pretty sure its 800+ calls in total, 50% of them proper out of the way rural) and the walk holder has a constant battle refusing to take it out! He's not afraid to say he's cutting off but the daily 'arguments' he has are noticeably taking their toll on him! I would't be surprised if he ends up off with stress or floors someone one day!!
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Re: New development
Say they can add them on if you're made 4 day week
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: New development
Management Only get away with what You let them get away with! Start as you mean to go on. Work "Properly" Don't get a strop with the DOM just follow the usual Overrunning Procedure.
Inform the DOM at the earliest opportunity that you will not be able to complete your Deliver in the Time Allocated.
Inform him therefore you won't be able to take any lapsing.
Also what help is he going to give you, or how much does he want you to leave in the frame (for one of the runners to deliver when he returns early)?
Do Not Mention the "C" word (CUT OFF) it gets them all stressed out. Put the problem firmly in his lap and let him sort it. Unfortunately this normally results in him going off to Bully someone else, who is less willing to stick up for themselves!
Inform the DOM at the earliest opportunity that you will not be able to complete your Deliver in the Time Allocated.
Do Not Mention the "C" word (CUT OFF) it gets them all stressed out. Put the problem firmly in his lap and let him sort it. Unfortunately this normally results in him going off to Bully someone else, who is less willing to stick up for themselves!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
deshulme
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 30 Dec 2009, 19:50
- Gender: Male
Re: New development
Todays favour... Tomorrow part of your job!
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: New development
Dorset Plodder wrote:Management Only get away with what You let them get away with! Start as you mean to go on. Work "Properly" Don't get a strop with the DOM just follow the usual Overrunning Procedure.![]()
Inform the DOM at the earliest opportunity that you will not be able to complete your Deliver in the Time Allocated.Inform him therefore you won't be able to take any lapsing.
Also what help is he going to give you, or how much does he want you to leave in the frame (for one of the runners to deliver when he returns early)?
![]()
Do Not Mention the "C" word (CUT OFF) it gets them all stressed out. Put the problem firmly in his lap and let him sort it. Unfortunately this normally results in him going off to Bully someone else, who is less willing to stick up for themselves!
LMAO....
You should bring back Jim Bowen and his programme.....
"We all love a little bit of Bully!"
-
mudmonster
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 28 Apr 2010, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: New development
Thats the problem with royal fail to much BULLY not enough time listening