ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

postal traffic for the next day

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
salomon
Posts: 52
Joined: 28 Nov 2014, 21:18
Gender: Female

postal traffic for the next day

Post by salomon »

Hi, At what time at night would a manager know how much post is in the system for delivery in the morning? Thanks
Bernardson
Posts: 320
Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 23:22

Re: postal traffic for the next day

Post by Bernardson »

Mail Centre Manager or your DOM?
salomon
Posts: 52
Joined: 28 Nov 2014, 21:18
Gender: Female

Re: postal traffic for the next day

Post by salomon »

Dom, he seems to think I don't mind waiting for a text message to tell me what time he wants me to start in the morning, depending on the traffic!! Interesting concept that I'm at his neck and call, I don't think so!
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: postal traffic for the next day

Post by Hitcher »

Don't reply!
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: postal traffic for the next day

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Cheeky Bugger :no no ....What time are you meant to start? Just turn up the proper time and sod him! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
jimmynailsalive
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 305
Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
Gender: Male

Re: postal traffic for the next day

Post by jimmynailsalive »

I got a text about a month ago to come in early if I could and made it in 30 minutes before my start time, still waiting to be paid for it despite a few reminders but it will be a small price to pay when I ignore every other request in future. :whistle