ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Does your day off feel like a day off?
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Does your day off feel like a day off?
The benefits of having a day off in the RM is that you can perhaps stay up later the eve of the day off although lets be honest a lot of us are that knackered we dont stay up much later. The other benefit is having a lie in but that is it. Once ive jumped out of bed at say 9am and done a few things then the RM workers are nearly done for the day. I personally don't feel the benefit that much as if I had a 9-5 job.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Does your day off feel like a day off?
At the moment, not really doing much on day off apart from resting gammy knee.
And yes, pretty knackered by the time it comes to a day off. In a previous job I used to think nothing of going for a 40 mile or so bicycle ride when I was off!
Ah well.
And yes, pretty knackered by the time it comes to a day off. In a previous job I used to think nothing of going for a 40 mile or so bicycle ride when I was off!
Ah well.
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Does your day off feel like a day off?
just had 2 weeks holidays and still genuinely feel it wasn't much of a rest
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Does your day off feel like a day off?
Not when it's a Tuesday!
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Does your day off feel like a day off?
Yep. Eagerly await Saturday so I can stay up late and watch the TV recordings made during the week when in bed early. No alarm Sunday! Wakes up Sunday 7AM on sofa, TV has auto-shutdowned and I have a vague recollection of watching the first 20 minutes of one recording I started at 23:00.....

-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Does your day off feel like a day off?
Mine never used to as I was in 9-3 on a Saturday and then 9-6 on a Monday. Sometimes I'd be opening and locking up for the whole week so I might as well just slept there :-/
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
Altrider
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 12 Feb 2013, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Does your day off feel like a day off?
Not when I get a call from a Lino saying: "i know it's your day off but..............."
To quote Father Jack..."feck off yer gobshite"" or a similar toned down wording (using two syllables or less so Lino can comprehend) 
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Does your day off feel like a day off?
I wanted a part-time job and last office fulfilled that, current place is a shambles shafting you for hours at every corner and curently looking to get out this hole and take an easy full-time job where I know I'll be paid for all the hours I work.
-
stan_lers
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Does your day off feel like a day off?
Having one day off at a time isn't usually enough, you go back in the next day feeling like you never had a rest at all. Only time I really feel like I've had any time off is my long weekend, once every 6 weeks.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Does your day off feel like a day off?
What's a long weekend?stan_lers wrote:Having one day off at a time isn't usually enough, you go back in the next day feeling like you never had a rest at all. Only time I really feel like I've had any time off is my long weekend, once every 6 weeks.