ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Suspended on the wrong

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Ossie From Preston
Posts: 148
Joined: 20 Mar 2010, 18:42
Gender: Male

Suspended on the wrong

Post by Ossie From Preston »

My work partner was suspended on the wrong few months ago he got suspended for about 6/7 weeks it was later found out he should not have been suspended and the case was lobbed out, he had a holiday booked went on it never enjoyed one bit he couldn't sleep, went to the doctors for stress and depression, phoned the stress help line got councilling, drank heavy every night, he just couldn't cope he thought they were going to sack him. A wagon driver from the mail centre told him the other day he should put a claim in I spoke to him about it as well but don't know if you can or not? he is not on these social media groups. My question is has he got a claim? I don't want to say what it was that caused the suspension on here but he was totally cleared in the end. RM messed up big time and they knew it...
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Suspended on the wrong

Post by aiden01 »

if he is in union get in touch with cwu hq and they will give him the best advice personally think he has a very strong case.
Jack Rouse
Posts: 74
Joined: 09 Jul 2014, 20:01
Gender: Male

Re: Suspended on the wrong

Post by Jack Rouse »

He needs to check, he may be entitled to get the holiday back as if he were sick
Mortdike123
Posts: 22
Joined: 30 Jul 2015, 22:11
Gender: Female

Re: Suspended on the wrong

Post by Mortdike123 »

It doesn't matter how "in the right" you are. From my experience Royal Mail will do absolutely nothing about it and the best case scenario is that the incompetent boss is moved to another office. Good luck with that one
unusualsuspect
Posts: 4
Joined: 03 Sep 2015, 10:09
Gender: Male

unfair dismisal appeal

Post by unusualsuspect »

Does anyone know how long it takes for an appeal to be heard ? I have had no communication from the DOM. I was set up because I complained about someone who just happens to be the friend of my manager. I was harassed by one of his friends on a daily basis and I was going to bring a complaint against the manager for unprofessional conduct and breach of contract. Should the DOM have given me a date of the appeal by now?
I have 17 years of unblemished record and always done the job by the book. And no one has been sacked for doing the same thing I am accused of and in one case twice!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: unfair dismisal appeal

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

unusualsuspect wrote:Does anyone know how long it takes for an appeal to be heard ? I have had no communication from the DOM. I was set up because I complained about someone who just happens to be the friend of my manager. I was harassed by one of his friends on a daily basis and I was going to bring a complaint against the manager for unprofessional conduct and breach of contract. Should the DOM have given me a date of the appeal by now?
I have 17 years of unblemished record and always done the job by the book. And no one has been sacked for doing the same thing I am accused of and in one case twice!
An appeal has to be heard within a reasonable time, nothing is set in stone, but they will try to drag it out.

Are the Union handling this for you if so they should keep you advised.

If not have you put the appeal request in. If not you only have a certain time to do so. If you are thinking of going to an ET that also has limits.

Also as far as I know you can still put in a grievance or complaint even if you have been sacked.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Stewface
Posts: 47
Joined: 01 Feb 2015, 18:12
Gender: Male

Re: Suspended on the wrong

Post by Stewface »

Jack Rouse wrote:He needs to check, he may be entitled to get the holiday back as if he were sick
What was the outcome of this? Did he get his Holiday re-instated? I'm in a very similar scenario here, asked Union Rep he said "No Chance".