Anyone else been told they have to book their holiday for 2016/2017 yet?
I haven't been with RM long but I've been told I need to book holiday for 2016/2017 already.
I'm on a temp 10 hr per week contract which ends in Feb.
My first weeks leave is end of March 2016 surely I would be owed some holiday before then.....6 months of working with no holiday??
I've picked 3 weeks so far as I need school holiday dates and all other school hol dates have been taken!!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Booking Holiday 2016/2017
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Booking Holiday 2016/2017
got ours 2 weeks ago already been told i can't have 2 weeks in august
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Booking Holiday 2016/2017
Wayforward states it should be done by October for the following year.
Oct 2015 for 2016-2017.
Oct 2015 for 2016-2017.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
In The Know
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 18:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Booking Holiday 2016/2017
Been badgering the DOM every day for the last 3 weeks so that I can book next summer. "I'll get onto it" is the answer everytime. I give up. Shambles of a company!
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Booking Holiday 2016/2017
Bloke at my office reckons if you book your holiday(pay deposit) and show your dom the receipt they have to honour it,Dunno if that's part of any agreement or not thoughIn The Know wrote:Been badgering the DOM every day for the last 3 weeks so that I can book next summer. "I'll get onto it" is the answer everytime. I give up. Shambles of a company!
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: Booking Holiday 2016/2017
ours for this year got confirmed January-ish!
i've already got rep involved for next years but not holding my breath.
we have every manager type person doing walking prepping tracks reggies now then they're moaning "i was out til 7" well boo hoo
nobody here to sort peoples odd day off requests for the rest of this year,
wonder what would happen if every reserve kept asking and getting fobbed off demanded their 2 weeks or whatever accrued off in march, legally RM couldn't refuse it.
i've already got rep involved for next years but not holding my breath.
we have every manager type person doing walking prepping tracks reggies now then they're moaning "i was out til 7" well boo hoo
nobody here to sort peoples odd day off requests for the rest of this year,
wonder what would happen if every reserve kept asking and getting fobbed off demanded their 2 weeks or whatever accrued off in march, legally RM couldn't refuse it.
-
slave
- Posts: 433
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 21:39
- Location: North West
Re: Booking Holiday 2016/2017
Had to submit our preferences/picks a month or so back, not heard anything yet. And you don't book a holiday, you try and get what you want and hope for the best.
Re: book and show deposit - depends on office, circumstances, dom, luck, current direction of wind and all manner of other random factors..
Re: book and show deposit - depends on office, circumstances, dom, luck, current direction of wind and all manner of other random factors..