ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bank Holiday rest day question

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
matta
Posts: 40
Joined: 21 Oct 2014, 14:32
Gender: Male

Bank Holiday rest day question

Post by matta »

My rest day is tomorrow seeing as we should all get paid for it if I want an extra day holiday for it and work the other days for this week is this allowed or should I have notified my manager earlier?
Thanks
2pints
Posts: 286
Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
Gender: Male

Re: Bank Holiday rest day question

Post by 2pints »

If they cannot give you a different day off on the same week as the public holiday YOU have the option of EITHER having it paid as overtime OR having a day in leu.
matta
Posts: 40
Joined: 21 Oct 2014, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: Bank Holiday rest day question

Post by matta »

Thanks 2pints this will stop my manager trying it on tomorrow, jobs so tiring now I need whatever holiday I can get!