ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
meal relief
-
sjnb6
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 16 May 2013, 21:49
- Gender: Male
meal relief
Is there a link for the rules regarding meal reliefs. anything signed by cwu and royal mail.
-
salomon
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 28 Nov 2014, 21:18
- Gender: Female
Re: meal relief
I would love to know. Been with rm a year now and yet to see anyone sit down and take a break! I've certainly never managed it yet.Just about manage a quick drink and a wee before being having my HTC loaded on a van and dropped a mile away, no choice but to get a move on.
-
beanmuncha
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 21 Aug 2007, 23:11
Re: meal relief
Search in the forum for meal relief and you will find lots of posts.
40 mins for full time
you should take your break everyday it's what your entitled too and it's your health!
40 mins for full time
you should take your break everyday it's what your entitled too and it's your health!
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: meal relief
Seriously, try it. Just sit on a bench or a brick wall. Eat a packet of crisps, have a drink and think to yourself, 'I'm being paid by RM to do this.'salomon wrote:I would love to know. Been with rm a year now and yet to see anyone sit down and take a break! I've certainly never managed it yet.Just about manage a quick drink and a wee before being having my HTC loaded on a van and dropped a mile away, no choice but to get a move on.
Then read the paper and think, 'RM are paying me to do this too.'
Then itch your balls and think, 'RM are also paying me to do this.'
Have your break, seriously! It changes the whole job massively.
I do long days, loads of OT clearing up and many of them wonder how I manage to keep going for a 12 hr day. Simple - I go at a steady pace and take every break I'm entitled to. It's alien to many of them, no wonder they're knackered after just 4 and a half hours on delivery!
Last edited by wannabeek on 28 Aug 2015, 20:43, edited 1 time in total.
-
salomon
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 28 Nov 2014, 21:18
- Gender: Female
Re: meal relief
Seriously tempted to take up smoking, they're the only ones I see sat down. It's impossible to take a break before delivery as I would miss my lift out and then have to walk the mile to the start, it's bad enough trudging back. But I do try to take a break while out except no toilets on my round so daren't drink too much,lol
-
bogstandard
- Posts: 1074
- Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16
Re: meal relief
i'm an ex smoker of 20+ years, not a mad reformed ex smoker, just someone who doesn't anymore. Now i can handle the smoke when they are smoking but when they come back from the fag break its a different smell so why not go away for 2 mins citing the smell, or if like me you don't mind the smell when they are having the fag go with them and be sort of close.
I don't think smokers should be penalised for smoking or going for a cigarette
I don't think smokers should be penalised for smoking or going for a cigarette
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
-
oldrope
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 221
- Joined: 27 Oct 2007, 16:17
- Location: lapland
Re: meal relief
The MC I work at has a gym so I go in on my break and think RM are paying me todo this.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Re: meal relief
As you would miss your lift? That's not your problem, that's the managers problem for letting the van leave before people have had their entitled 20 minute break before delivery.salomon wrote:Seriously tempted to take up smoking, they're the only ones I see sat down. It's impossible to take a break before delivery as I would miss my lift out and then have to walk the mile to the start, it's bad enough trudging back. But I do try to take a break while out except no toilets on my round so daren't drink too much,lol
Have a break, if it leaves its up the management to sort it.
If they insist you trudge all the way there inform them you may have to cut off as it will take you close to going over your delivery time.
Their problem, not yours. Breaks are a paid entitlement.
I know some people who don't take breaks, and only just finish on time. If they booked extra this could be £100odd a month in excess they're throwing away.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: meal relief
I always take my break, something to eat to replenish the energy reserves certainly makes me feel much better and I can normally get a chapter or 2 read of my book 
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
BarnsleyLackey
- Posts: 349
- Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
- Gender: Male
Re: meal relief
Smoking is a vice. If you take it up and need time away from the job you're paid to do, then it should come off your break.bogstandard wrote:i'm an ex smoker of 20+ years, not a mad reformed ex smoker, just someone who doesn't anymore. Now i can handle the smoke when they are smoking but when they come back from the fag break its a different smell so why not go away for 2 mins citing the smell, or if like me you don't mind the smell when they are having the fag go with them and be sort of close.
I don't think smokers should be penalised for smoking or going for a cigarette
-
newboy23
Re: meal relief
Brilliantoldrope wrote:The MC I work at has a gym so I go in on my break and think RM are paying me todo this.
-
Ahebban
- Posts: 695
- Joined: 19 May 2009, 13:41
- Gender: Male
- Location: Left of ... Left
Re: meal relief
pages 22 and 23 of the Way Forward Agreement cover off Meal Relief. You can find the Way Forward Agreement in the Download section on this site :)
Ahebban - anglo-saxon in origin - meaning 'Wages War'
What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight, what counts is the size of the fight in the dog. - Mark Twain
What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight, what counts is the size of the fight in the dog. - Mark Twain
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: meal relief
If there is no designated place for a toilet break on your round then the DOM has to get someone to pick you up to take you back to the office and drop you back
Other than that, take a drinks bottle out with you and piss in the back of the van if you don't have a HCT
Other than that, take a drinks bottle out with you and piss in the back of the van if you don't have a HCT
-
I_Take_My_Breaks
- Posts: 55
- Joined: 07 Feb 2014, 09:13
- Gender: Male
Re: meal relief
And if you start to touch cloth take one of these. Don't worry about poo bags, pouch bags* available after 1st loop.eastie wrote:If there is no designated place for a toilet break on your round then the DOM has to get someone to pick you up to take you back to the office and drop you back
Other than that, take a drinks bottle out with you and piss in the back of the van if you don't have a HCT
http://www.firebox.com/product/2351/s**t-Box" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
* Please dispose of properly by leaving in designated Line Managers/DOM Office.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: meal relief
So if I have meal relief 20 mins before going out, my partner comes in and has to take meal relief before they even start! How's that suppose to work?