ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

managing your prep

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
sjnb6
Posts: 92
Joined: 16 May 2013, 21:49
Gender: Male

managing your prep

Post by sjnb6 »

Is managing your prep allowed. It goes totally against the cutting off procedure . at our office the mail is left in the sorting frame as this apparently is said to be in the pipeline. only when it reaches your frame is it deemed live. we're supposed to inform the dom at about 7.15 if we think we won't complete.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: managing your prep

Post by NewPostieUK »

sjnb6 wrote:Iwe're supposed to inform the dom at about 7.15 if we think we won't complete.
What the heck time do you start?

What about part timers who start at 9:30 or whatever?

This is ridiculous. They are just making it harder and harder for us to work to our finish time. Try telling him the day before, maybe that's enough notice.
trythat
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 720
Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 16:36

Re: managing your prep

Post by trythat »

sjnb6 wrote:Is managing your prep allowed. It goes totally against the cutting off procedure . at our office the mail is left in the sorting frame as this apparently is said to be in the pipeline. only when it reaches your frame is it deemed live. we're supposed to inform the dom at about 7.15 if we think we won't complete.
I'm not sure how DOMs think they can get away with this, especially after Royal Mail have been boasting about QoS stats, get on to area rep or justsayit, all mail left in ips frames in our office have to be counted, and from you;re saying it would be quite a number, someone should be noticing, of course your local rep should be highlighting and complaining about this in their weekly SI meetings. If no rep do as I suggested earlier.
CLINTEASTWOOD
Posts: 132
Joined: 16 Nov 2010, 16:49
Gender: Male

Re: managing your prep

Post by CLINTEASTWOOD »

How the hell are managers getting away with this? :crazy:
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12184
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: managing your prep

Post by SpacePhoenix »

sjnb6 wrote: is said to be in the pipeline. only when it reaches your frame is it deemed live.
It's live mail the very moment that it's posted
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Re: managing your prep

Post by wannabeek »

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. Live mail is that stuff we find in the letteboxes while doing collections. Dead mail is what happens when we kill off the undeliverables. I don't think there's any part of the journey between the 2 when it stops being live mail, but i'm just a grunt, what do I know?
Spedley
Posts: 1209
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
Location: Warwickshire

Re: managing your prep

Post by Spedley »

If you have any problems with cutting off then let them use their traffic figures to decide if you should be able to complete and bring back anything if you go over. Develop a very thick skin and work to a decent standard - as long as you are civil and explain what you are doing before you do it then it is all their problem.
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Re: managing your prep

Post by wannabeek »

Use their traffic figures? I wouldn't trust them to understand them or to tell me the truth about them if they did. I honestly don't think I would be able to listen to them spout that BS at me, and I'm a very tolerant guy.

I just plod on, work the hrs I'm paid and am paid the hrs I work. I've been asked to thin out deliveries and leave mail unprepped before and just ignored that instruction. What can they do? Fire you for doing the job properly?
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: managing your prep

Post by Hitcher »

Clear IPS framed, lol.

This was the back hall last week at 9:28 when most of them had already left the office an hour early -
2015-08-26 09.28.14.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.