ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Need help before tomorrow
-
Stevesausage
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 28 Aug 2015, 18:56
- Gender: Male
Need help before tomorrow
I've been a postie 13years
Just transferred to a new office last March
I've been given my own duty an been on same duty since March
Next week my day off is Tuesday as I had a long weekend last week
But because it's bank holiday on Monday the management has change my day off to Monday without asking me
Can they do that I don't think they can
Just transferred to a new office last March
I've been given my own duty an been on same duty since March
Next week my day off is Tuesday as I had a long weekend last week
But because it's bank holiday on Monday the management has change my day off to Monday without asking me
Can they do that I don't think they can
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Need help before tomorrow
Up here in Scotland I'm suspecting a rather large number of reserves will get their day off changed to Tuesday next week as we'll probably be uber quiet that day.
No doubts doms will say that it's resourcing to workload.
You should get the option to take the days annual leave on another day, or get it paid?
You should get the option to take the days annual leave on another day, or get it paid?
-
Stevesausage
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 28 Aug 2015, 18:56
- Gender: Male
Re: Need help before tomorrow
I'm a duty holder mate set days off
I've got 13 years service
If I had plans to go away for the weekend Sunday Monday Tuesday
How can the dom just change my day to suit him
I've got 13 years service
If I had plans to go away for the weekend Sunday Monday Tuesday
How can the dom just change my day to suit him
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Need help before tomorrow
I'd ask your local rep if I were you. Certainly in our office no duty holder can have their set day off changed just like that, whereas a reserve's day off can change even after the rota has gone up.
-
Stevesausage
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 28 Aug 2015, 18:56
- Gender: Male
Re: Need help before tomorrow
I know
The reps r both off this week so I phoned my old rep in my old office he said to speak to dom an say I'm set days off u can change them because I make plans on my days off
Doms had gone home when I finished today so tomorrow im just gonna say sorry I'm away I've made plans u can't change my days off like that
The reps r both off this week so I phoned my old rep in my old office he said to speak to dom an say I'm set days off u can change them because I make plans on my days off
Doms had gone home when I finished today so tomorrow im just gonna say sorry I'm away I've made plans u can't change my days off like that
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Need help before tomorrow
If you are the duty holder then no they can't change your day off,Just don't come in on Wednesday & say it was your day off Tuesday simples 
-
shepherdess
- Posts: 445
- Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 16:16
- Gender: Female
Re: Need help before tomorrow
If your manager says its Monday then either ask for a full days pay or ask for another day off this week as your entitled to do and the choice is yours not his .see how quick he changes his mind
-
fezza34
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 15 Mar 2013, 15:55
- Gender: Male
Re: Need help before tomorrow
Your away, end of discussion, not your problem. 
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Need help before tomorrow
They can't do it, it's harassment if you're the only person they are doing it to. Also say you've made plans to go away. Also if you were to accept then say you want to book the money for Monday and not a day in lieu, I bet they don't even let people do that at your office?
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
Re: Need help before tomorrow
I'd guess it is a tricky one. If it is your duty then they can't do it but just because you've been on that duty since March doesn't mean it is your duty. But then you've been on it so long it would be reasonable to make plans for a bank holiday.
If that paragraph is true then I'd say they should give you your Tuesday off and solve their staffing problems elsewhere.
If that paragraph is true then I'd say they should give you your Tuesday off and solve their staffing problems elsewhere.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Need help before tomorrow
You've made plans over the weekend,it's tough s**t on the screw.
You managers...
You managers...
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1530
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Need help before tomorrow
I don't even look at the roster.
-
Stevesausage
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 28 Aug 2015, 18:56
- Gender: Male
Re: Need help before tomorrow
Yes the duty is mine
It went on the board 2 months ago I put my name down for it an due to my seniority I was given it
It stated the duties days off mon tues wed thurs fri sat ect
So I'm in my rights to say no to the change an I've plans
It went on the board 2 months ago I put my name down for it an due to my seniority I was given it
It stated the duties days off mon tues wed thurs fri sat ect
So I'm in my rights to say no to the change an I've plans
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1530
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Need help before tomorrow
There's a day off cover to do that day.