Can I ask what is the expectations of someone coming from another office on to a duty for the 1st time?
If the partner is taking the full lapsing and you come back late and we are talking 10 minutes late plus no break (20 minutes), how do I claim OT?
Person I was with today said they phoned to say they wouldn't complete yesterday and brought stuff back yet I go out with him and end up signing out 10 minutes late with no break and its happening more and more as I go on to new duties. I run 5k in under 20 minutes and fit as anyone so I don't have a problem with my speed so where does a reserve stand with making sure he's paid for every minute he works. I mentioned early I will now take my break and make sure rather than 10 minutes we come back half an hour or more to ensure any new partner knows the script but seeing linos want told before you go out about going over and I am relying on my partner, what are my options?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Reserve on a duty for the 1st time
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Reserve on a duty for the 1st time
What your partner does or doesn't do does not affect you. You decide what you want to do that is either to work to time and cut off, or to claim the overtime, always following the over running deliveries procedure for both, f that means that your partner may need to drop you back at office then return to their duty to continue with it so be it, just means extra ot for them for your trip back and their return to duty
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Reserve on a duty for the 1st time
Also shouldn't be lapsing, but that's a different story.
As a reserve who's always getting moved around, I did tend to rely on duty-holder to inform manager if we are going to over-run. But a lot of people take what they're given, no questions asked. They don't even give you're breaks or finish time (different offices) a second thought. As previously mentioned, all you can do is follow cut off procedure and / or get duty holder to inform manager as soon as it's apparent you are going over. Believe me, they will know almost to the minute. You've got to look after number 1 as that's exactly what most duty holders do. If they want to be taken advantage off then that's down to them.
As a reserve who's always getting moved around, I did tend to rely on duty-holder to inform manager if we are going to over-run. But a lot of people take what they're given, no questions asked. They don't even give you're breaks or finish time (different offices) a second thought. As previously mentioned, all you can do is follow cut off procedure and / or get duty holder to inform manager as soon as it's apparent you are going over. Believe me, they will know almost to the minute. You've got to look after number 1 as that's exactly what most duty holders do. If they want to be taken advantage off then that's down to them.