ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Contract says 23.40hrs, my basic wage says 25hrs.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
postiewhite
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 619
Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
Gender: Male

Contract says 23.40hrs, my basic wage says 25hrs.

Post by postiewhite »

I was made permanent 3 months ago, I was put on a 23.40hr contact from a 25hr temp contract. My wage slip still has my basic hours at 25hrs and then anything over that is overtime (which I always do an extra 10hrs a week). Ive brought this up with my manager as HR told me my manager needs to change my basic to 23.40hrs so it refelct this on my wage slip but he told me not to worry about it and just leave it.
Now the advantage I have is that when Im on annual leave I get a basic pay of 25hrs but when Im working "I think" my overtime rate will be adjusted and improve AFTER working 25hrs not 23.4hrs.

Do you think my wage will improve slightly if my basic (on the wage slip) should be in line with my contract hrs of 23.40 or shall I just leave it at 25hrs.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Contract says 23.40hrs, my basic wage says 25hrs.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

postiewhite wrote:I was made permanent 3 months ago, I was put on a 23.40hr contact from a 25hr temp contract. My wage slip still has my basic hours at 25hrs and then anything over that is overtime (which I always do an extra 10hrs a week). Ive brought this up with my manager as HR told me my manager needs to change my basic to 23.40hrs so it refelct this on my wage slip but he told me not to worry about it and just leave it.
Now the advantage I have is that when Im on annual leave I get a basic pay of 25hrs but when Im working "I think" my overtime rate will be adjusted and improve AFTER working 25hrs not 23.4hrs.

Do you think my wage will improve slightly if my basic (on the wage slip) should be in line with my contract hrs of 23.40 or shall I just leave it at 25hrs.

No because between 0 and 39 hours after a year we are all on the same hourly rate when you inlcude Del Supplement or SSPR as appropriate. You are paid Del Supplement up to contract hours and SSPR from then up to 39 hours.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.