ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Will I get Annual leave back if I was sick?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Daniel-san
Posts: 74
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 17:51
Gender: Male

Will I get Annual leave back if I was sick?

Post by Daniel-san »

As the subject says,
Will I get my Annual leave back as I was off sick during that time?

If so how do i go about it?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Will I get Annual leave back if I was sick?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Yes

You can't be on sick and annual leave at the same time. They may try to perusade/con you something different but yes, you can chose whether or not to take annual leave whilst on sick, and you also accrue annual leave while on sick.

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=3860" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Can a worker take annual leave whilst off work sick?

If the worker wishes to do so they can, but equally they can choose not to.
If a worker becomes sick whilst on annual leave, can they re- schedule the leave?

Yes, the worker is entitled to take the leave at another time, if they wish to do so.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Daniel-san
Posts: 74
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 17:51
Gender: Male

Re: Will I get Annual leave back if I was sick?

Post by Daniel-san »

Nice one, Thanks
hellpop
Posts: 62
Joined: 13 Nov 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: Will I get Annual leave back if I was sick?

Post by hellpop »

i also have this problem. been to see the dom. he knows i am entitled to my days back but he has been dragging his feet now for at least 3 months and still not given me the days back.do i have to keep badgering him or is there any other action i can take.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Will I get Annual leave back if I was sick?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

hellpop wrote:i also have this problem. been to see the dom. he knows i am entitled to my days back but he has been dragging his feet now for at least 3 months and still not given me the days back.do i have to keep badgering him or is there any other action i can take.

Get the CWU Rep involved, if no joy then raise a grievance.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.