ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Weekly Rota

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
mijones
Posts: 1
Joined: 17 Jun 2012, 20:18
Gender: Male

Weekly Rota

Post by mijones »

What is the point of a weekly rota? I am a reserve so I don't know what my day off is until the weekly rota is posted on the board. Today, I got back to my delivery office at 2-00p.m. to find next week's rota had not been posted. I am off work tomorrow which means I don't know if I should go into work on Monday or if that is my day off. I have already raised with my DOM but nothing has been done. What is the experience of other delivery offices.
UsernameAlreadyInUse
Posts: 29
Joined: 06 Jul 2015, 00:10
Gender: Female

Re: Weekly Rota

Post by UsernameAlreadyInUse »

It is exactly the same in my office. My duty is lapsed through the Summer and I'm off tomorrow, so I have no idea what I'm doing on Monday.

The only option is to phone in tomorrow when the rota's been done.
paulf0203
Posts: 121
Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 09:58
Gender: Male

Re: Weekly Rota

Post by paulf0203 »

mijones wrote:What is the point of a weekly rota? I am a reserve so I don't know what my day off is until the weekly rota is posted on the board. Today, I got back to my delivery office at 2-00p.m. to find next week's rota had not been posted. I am off work tomorrow which means I don't know if I should go into work on Monday or if that is my day off. I have already raised with my DOM but nothing has been done. What is the experience of other delivery offices.
The way forward agreement allows you to see the rota three weeks in advance but it would obviously be provisional as sickness and special leave would have an impact.
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Weekly Rota

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

paulf0203 wrote:
mijones wrote:What is the point of a weekly rota? I am a reserve so I don't know what my day off is until the weekly rota is posted on the board. Today, I got back to my delivery office at 2-00p.m. to find next week's rota had not been posted. I am off work tomorrow which means I don't know if I should go into work on Monday or if that is my day off. I have already raised with my DOM but nothing has been done. What is the experience of other delivery offices.
The way forward agreement allows you to see the rota three weeks in advance but it would obviously be provisional as sickness and special leave would have an impact.
No such stipulations in the way forward agreement.
paulf0203
Posts: 121
Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 09:58
Gender: Male

Re: Weekly Rota

Post by paulf0203 »

zx135 wrote:
paulf0203 wrote:
mijones wrote:What is the point of a weekly rota? I am a reserve so I don't know what my day off is until the weekly rota is posted on the board. Today, I got back to my delivery office at 2-00p.m. to find next week's rota had not been posted. I am off work tomorrow which means I don't know if I should go into work on Monday or if that is my day off. I have already raised with my DOM but nothing has been done. What is the experience of other delivery offices.
The way forward agreement allows you to see the rota three weeks in advance but it would obviously be provisional as sickness and special leave would have an impact.
No such stipulations in the way forward agreement.
Page 30 clause 17.5
Pinky 1
Posts: 1510
Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
Gender: Male
Location: Wales

Re: Weekly Rota

Post by Pinky 1 »

paulf0203 wrote:
zx135 wrote:
paulf0203 wrote:
mijones wrote:What is the point of a weekly rota? I am a reserve so I don't know what my day off is until the weekly rota is posted on the board. Today, I got back to my delivery office at 2-00p.m. to find next week's rota had not been posted. I am off work tomorrow which means I don't know if I should go into work on Monday or if that is my day off. I have already raised with my DOM but nothing has been done. What is the experience of other delivery offices.
The way forward agreement allows you to see the rota three weeks in advance but it would obviously be provisional as sickness and special leave would have an impact.
No such stipulations in the way forward agreement.
Page 30 clause 17.5
Page 30 clause 17.5
17.5 Projected workload, based on accurate daily/weekly forecast traffic to shift and work area, together with historic data, will be used to establish realistic resourcing requirements for at least three weeks in advance.
This information will be available on an open-book basis to the CWU. The resource plan will be discussed with the CWU. Where there is a need to vary the resource plan to meet unforeseen traffic variations and/or resourcing problems which results in recourse to ad hoc overtime and/or supplementary staffing or lapsing, there will be prior discussion with CWU. These issues will be dealt with using the processes in the IR Framework.
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Weekly Rota

Post by arnold cheshire »

Pinky 1 wrote:
paulf0203 wrote:
zx135 wrote:
paulf0203 wrote:
mijones wrote:What is the point of a weekly rota? I am a reserve so I don't know what my day off is until the weekly rota is posted on the board. Today, I got back to my delivery office at 2-00p.m. to find next week's rota had not been posted. I am off work tomorrow which means I don't know if I should go into work on Monday or if that is my day off. I have already raised with my DOM but nothing has been done. What is the experience of other delivery offices.
The way forward agreement allows you to see the rota three weeks in advance but it would obviously be provisional as sickness and special leave would have an impact.
No such stipulations in the way forward agreement.
Page 30 clause 17.5
Page 30 clause 17.5
17.5 Projected workload, based on accurate daily/weekly forecast traffic to shift and work area, together with historic data, will be used to establish realistic resourcing requirements for at least three weeks in advance.
This information will be available on an open-book basis to the CWU. The resource plan will be discussed with the CWU. Where there is a need to vary the resource plan to meet unforeseen traffic variations and/or resourcing problems which results in recourse to ad hoc overtime and/or supplementary staffing or lapsing, there will be prior discussion with CWU. These issues will be dealt with using the processes in the IR Framework.
that put one over on zx135
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Weekly Rota

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

paulf0203 wrote:
zx135 wrote:
paulf0203 wrote:
mijones wrote:What is the point of a weekly rota? I am a reserve so I don't know what my day off is until the weekly rota is posted on the board. Today, I got back to my delivery office at 2-00p.m. to find next week's rota had not been posted. I am off work tomorrow which means I don't know if I should go into work on Monday or if that is my day off. I have already raised with my DOM but nothing has been done. What is the experience of other delivery offices.
The way forward agreement allows you to see the rota three weeks in advance but it would obviously be provisional as sickness and special leave would have an impact.
No such stipulations in the way forward agreement.
Page 30 clause 17.5
thats for the resourcing plan not the rota. resourcing plan is for how many staff needed not which staff needed. Note at no point does it state the rota will be three weeks in advance
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Weekly Rota

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

arnold cheshire wrote:
Pinky 1 wrote:
paulf0203 wrote:
zx135 wrote:
paulf0203 wrote:
mijones wrote:What is the point of a weekly rota? I am a reserve so I don't know what my day off is until the weekly rota is posted on the board. Today, I got back to my delivery office at 2-00p.m. to find next week's rota had not been posted. I am off work tomorrow which means I don't know if I should go into work on Monday or if that is my day off. I have already raised with my DOM but nothing has been done. What is the experience of other delivery offices.
The way forward agreement allows you to see the rota three weeks in advance but it would obviously be provisional as sickness and special leave would have an impact.
No such stipulations in the way forward agreement.
Page 30 clause 17.5
Page 30 clause 17.5
17.5 Projected workload, based on accurate daily/weekly forecast traffic to shift and work area, together with historic data, will be used to establish realistic resourcing requirements for at least three weeks in advance.
This information will be available on an open-book basis to the CWU. The resource plan will be discussed with the CWU. Where there is a need to vary the resource plan to meet unforeseen traffic variations and/or resourcing problems which results in recourse to ad hoc overtime and/or supplementary staffing or lapsing, there will be prior discussion with CWU. These issues will be dealt with using the processes in the IR Framework.
that put one over on zx135
No it didn't, received any unpaid surcharge items that you didn't pay for lately?
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Weekly Rota

Post by arnold cheshire »

zx135 wrote:
arnold cheshire wrote:
Pinky 1 wrote:
paulf0203 wrote:
zx135 wrote:
paulf0203 wrote:
mijones wrote:What is the point of a weekly rota? I am a reserve so I don't know what my day off is until the weekly rota is posted on the board. Today, I got back to my delivery office at 2-00p.m. to find next week's rota had not been posted. I am off work tomorrow which means I don't know if I should go into work on Monday or if that is my day off. I have already raised with my DOM but nothing has been done. What is the experience of other delivery offices.
The way forward agreement allows you to see the rota three weeks in advance but it would obviously be provisional as sickness and special leave would have an impact.
No such stipulations in the way forward agreement.
Page 30 clause 17.5
Page 30 clause 17.5
17.5 Projected workload, based on accurate daily/weekly forecast traffic to shift and work area, together with historic data, will be used to establish realistic resourcing requirements for at least three weeks in advance.
This information will be available on an open-book basis to the CWU. The resource plan will be discussed with the CWU. Where there is a need to vary the resource plan to meet unforeseen traffic variations and/or resourcing problems which results in recourse to ad hoc overtime and/or supplementary staffing or lapsing, there will be prior discussion with CWU. These issues will be dealt with using the processes in the IR Framework.
that put one over on zx135
No it didn't, received any unpaid surcharge items that you didn't pay for lately?
??
Pinky 1
Posts: 1510
Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
Gender: Male
Location: Wales

Re: Weekly Rota

Post by Pinky 1 »

arnold cheshire wrote: that put one over on zx135
I can assure you that wasn't the intention. I merely posted the section of the agreement that paulf0203 was refering to.
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Weekly Rota

Post by arnold cheshire »

Pinky 1 wrote:
arnold cheshire wrote: that put one over on zx135
I can assure you that wasn't the intention. I merely posted the section of the agreement that paulf0203 was refering to.
yes
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Weekly Rota

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

arnold cheshire wrote:
zx135 wrote:
arnold cheshire wrote: that put one over on zx135
No it didn't, received any unpaid surcharge items that you didn't pay for lately?
??
Just referring to the fact that you received a surcharge item for yourself at your own office and you didnt pay the surcharge when your manager gave you the item, thats a more than a little dishonest in my opinion
paulf0203
Posts: 121
Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 09:58
Gender: Male

Re: Weekly Rota

Post by paulf0203 »

zx135 wrote:
paulf0203 wrote:
zx135 wrote:
paulf0203 wrote:
mijones wrote:What is the point of a weekly rota? I am a reserve so I don't know what my day off is until the weekly rota is posted on the board. Today, I got back to my delivery office at 2-00p.m. to find next week's rota had not been posted. I am off work tomorrow which means I don't know if I should go into work on Monday or if that is my day off. I have already raised with my DOM but nothing has been done. What is the experience of other delivery offices.
The way forward agreement allows you to see the rota three weeks in advance but it would obviously be provisional as sickness and special leave would have an impact.
No such stipulations in the way forward agreement.
Page 30 clause 17.5
thats for the resourcing plan not the rota. resourcing plan is for how many staff needed not which staff needed. Note at no point does it state the rota will be three weeks in advance in our cluster of offices the resource plan includes a provisional rota which can be changed of course when people go sick etc