ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
not taking lapsing.
-
sjnb6
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 16 May 2013, 21:49
- Gender: Male
not taking lapsing.
next morning rep had quiet word about my not taking lapsing. he said in his opinion that I was taking the pixx and also he had seen my pda route and there were some gaps that could indicate a bit of time wasting. I asked to see this read out and was told that he didn't think it could be retreaved next day and that I shouldn't push it.seems its reps and doms were up against
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: not taking lapsing.
if that was my rep i would pull outsjnb6 wrote:next morning rep had quiet word about my not taking lapsing. he said in his opinion that I was taking the pixx and also he had seen my pda route and there were some gaps that could indicate a bit of time wasting. I asked to see this read out and was told that he didn't think it could be retreaved next day and that I shouldn't push it.seems its reps and doms were up against
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: not taking lapsing.
He's talking rubbish and to be honest he sounds worse than a manager for his lying.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: not taking lapsing.
Never heard of ANYONE pulling a PDA route check before, let alone a CWU Rep.
Who the hell does he think he is? As you mention it seems he's working with the DOM to put pressure on you. I'd be tempted to put in a Grievance on him and I'd ring the Area CWU office and put them in the picture. FFS it's bad enough having to fight the management without having to keep one eye on your Rep.
On a similar point, if you can pull all these PDA routes...Why aren't they used to support the route planning of Duties? And to support any appeals against changes to a Duty?
On a similar point, if you can pull all these PDA routes...Why aren't they used to support the route planning of Duties? And to support any appeals against changes to a Duty?
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: not taking lapsing.
PDA route check is not allowed to be used as a performance tool as far as I am aware. Would definitely get on to area rep, it's not your local reps job to check up on your performance, he works for you not for RM that's why we pay our subs! 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: not taking lapsing.
Route's etc can be seen in real time by the Dom's who have Blackbay enabled on their Laptops.
they can also see where your PDA was used when scanning deliveries and also see the signatories in real time as well.
being a Rep myself, I would have refused to speak to you about how long you have taken and where you have been etc. your rep is being a D1ck and NO WAY would I put myself against one of my members, I am here to stand up for them, NOT put them down.
they can also see where your PDA was used when scanning deliveries and also see the signatories in real time as well.
being a Rep myself, I would have refused to speak to you about how long you have taken and where you have been etc. your rep is being a D1ck and NO WAY would I put myself against one of my members, I am here to stand up for them, NOT put them down.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: not taking lapsing.
well saiddoorstepped wrote:Route's etc can be seen in real time by the Dom's who have Blackbay enabled on their Laptops.
they can also see where your PDA was used when scanning deliveries and also see the signatories in real time as well.
being a Rep myself, I would have refused to speak to you about how long you have taken and where you have been etc. your rep is being a D1ck and NO WAY would I put myself against one of my members, I am here to stand up for them, NOT put them down.
-
Rumple
- Posts: 429
- Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 10:45
- Gender: Male
Re: not taking lapsing.
Local reps DO work for Royal Mail. They represent colleagues on a voluntary basis, nothing more, nothing less.Judgee wrote:PDA route check is not allowed to be used as a performance tool as far as I am aware. Would definitely get on to area rep, it's not your local reps job to check up on your performance, he works for you not for RM that's why we pay our subs!
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: not taking lapsing.
Local Reps obviously work for RM Rumple (they pay their wages) and it's true they carry out their CWU duties on a voluntary/unpaid basis. I think the point trying to be made is that I would expect my Unit Rep to be supporting me, as opposed to the DOM, in any disagreement. I certainly wouldn't expect him to be backing the DOM, and actually picking me up independently on my working methods.Rumple wrote: Local reps DO work for Royal Mail. They represent colleagues on a voluntary basis, nothing more, nothing less.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: not taking lapsing.
tell him where to gosjnb6 wrote:next morning rep had quiet word about my not taking lapsing. he said in his opinion that I was taking the pixx and also he had seen my pda route and there were some gaps that could indicate a bit of time wasting. I asked to see this read out and was told that he didn't think it could be retreaved next day and that I shouldn't push it.seems its reps and doms were up against
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: not taking lapsing.
Gaps in what? PDA usage? Maybe nothing needed to be scanned for those streets. PDA movement? Maybe PDA was in van while you were doing loop.sjnb6 wrote:my pda route and there were some gaps that could indicate a bit of time wasting.
How can anyone tell what you were doing from the PDA route?
-
secf
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 07:00
- Gender: Female
Re: not taking lapsing.
Yes he is a liar..PDA routes cannot be used to identify gaps. Also, don;t do it JUST SAY NO.
We do no lapsing in Belfast, the managers save money by doing blue shirt work, the Belfast reps are also bought off by management
We do no lapsing in Belfast, the managers save money by doing blue shirt work, the Belfast reps are also bought off by management
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: not taking lapsing.
But they aren't paid to do managerial tasks such as those described above.Rumple wrote:Local reps DO work for Royal Mail. They represent colleagues on a voluntary basis, nothing more, nothing less.Judgee wrote:PDA route check is not allowed to be used as a performance tool as far as I am aware. Would definitely get on to area rep, it's not your local reps job to check up on your performance, he works for you not for RM that's why we pay our subs!
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Re: not taking lapsing.
They can tell if your stopping for long periods due to pulling over in the van,say if you finish early and want to toss it off for a bitsecf wrote:Yes he is a liar..PDA routes cannot be used to identify gaps. Also, don;t do it JUST SAY NO.
We do no lapsing in Belfast, the managers save money by doing blue shirt work, the Belfast reps are also bought off by management
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: not taking lapsing.
I pull over in the van and do a loop. Or deliver 3 or 4 packets that are close together. How do they know what you are doing?postiewhite wrote:They can tell if your stopping for long periods due to pulling over in the van,say if you finish early and want to toss it off for a bitsecf wrote:Yes he is a liar..PDA routes cannot be used to identify gaps. Also, don;t do it JUST SAY NO.
We do no lapsing in Belfast, the managers save money by doing blue shirt work, the Belfast reps are also bought off by management