ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Weekly Rota
-
mijones
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 17 Jun 2012, 20:18
- Gender: Male
Weekly Rota
What is the point of a weekly rota? I am a reserve so I don't know what my day off is until the weekly rota is posted on the board. Today, I got back to my delivery office at 2-00p.m. to find next week's rota had not been posted. I am off work tomorrow which means I don't know if I should go into work on Monday or if that is my day off. I have already raised with my DOM but nothing has been done. What is the experience of other delivery offices.
-
UsernameAlreadyInUse
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 06 Jul 2015, 00:10
- Gender: Female
Re: Weekly Rota
It is exactly the same in my office. My duty is lapsed through the Summer and I'm off tomorrow, so I have no idea what I'm doing on Monday.
The only option is to phone in tomorrow when the rota's been done.
The only option is to phone in tomorrow when the rota's been done.
-
paulf0203
- Posts: 121
- Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 09:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Weekly Rota
The way forward agreement allows you to see the rota three weeks in advance but it would obviously be provisional as sickness and special leave would have an impact.mijones wrote:What is the point of a weekly rota? I am a reserve so I don't know what my day off is until the weekly rota is posted on the board. Today, I got back to my delivery office at 2-00p.m. to find next week's rota had not been posted. I am off work tomorrow which means I don't know if I should go into work on Monday or if that is my day off. I have already raised with my DOM but nothing has been done. What is the experience of other delivery offices.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Weekly Rota
No such stipulations in the way forward agreement.paulf0203 wrote:The way forward agreement allows you to see the rota three weeks in advance but it would obviously be provisional as sickness and special leave would have an impact.mijones wrote:What is the point of a weekly rota? I am a reserve so I don't know what my day off is until the weekly rota is posted on the board. Today, I got back to my delivery office at 2-00p.m. to find next week's rota had not been posted. I am off work tomorrow which means I don't know if I should go into work on Monday or if that is my day off. I have already raised with my DOM but nothing has been done. What is the experience of other delivery offices.
-
paulf0203
- Posts: 121
- Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 09:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Weekly Rota
Page 30 clause 17.5zx135 wrote:No such stipulations in the way forward agreement.paulf0203 wrote:The way forward agreement allows you to see the rota three weeks in advance but it would obviously be provisional as sickness and special leave would have an impact.mijones wrote:What is the point of a weekly rota? I am a reserve so I don't know what my day off is until the weekly rota is posted on the board. Today, I got back to my delivery office at 2-00p.m. to find next week's rota had not been posted. I am off work tomorrow which means I don't know if I should go into work on Monday or if that is my day off. I have already raised with my DOM but nothing has been done. What is the experience of other delivery offices.
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: Weekly Rota
Page 30 clause 17.5paulf0203 wrote:Page 30 clause 17.5zx135 wrote:No such stipulations in the way forward agreement.paulf0203 wrote:The way forward agreement allows you to see the rota three weeks in advance but it would obviously be provisional as sickness and special leave would have an impact.mijones wrote:What is the point of a weekly rota? I am a reserve so I don't know what my day off is until the weekly rota is posted on the board. Today, I got back to my delivery office at 2-00p.m. to find next week's rota had not been posted. I am off work tomorrow which means I don't know if I should go into work on Monday or if that is my day off. I have already raised with my DOM but nothing has been done. What is the experience of other delivery offices.
17.5 Projected workload, based on accurate daily/weekly forecast traffic to shift and work area, together with historic data, will be used to establish realistic resourcing requirements for at least three weeks in advance.
This information will be available on an open-book basis to the CWU. The resource plan will be discussed with the CWU. Where there is a need to vary the resource plan to meet unforeseen traffic variations and/or resourcing problems which results in recourse to ad hoc overtime and/or supplementary staffing or lapsing, there will be prior discussion with CWU. These issues will be dealt with using the processes in the IR Framework.
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Weekly Rota
that put one over on zx135Pinky 1 wrote:Page 30 clause 17.5paulf0203 wrote:Page 30 clause 17.5zx135 wrote:No such stipulations in the way forward agreement.paulf0203 wrote:The way forward agreement allows you to see the rota three weeks in advance but it would obviously be provisional as sickness and special leave would have an impact.mijones wrote:What is the point of a weekly rota? I am a reserve so I don't know what my day off is until the weekly rota is posted on the board. Today, I got back to my delivery office at 2-00p.m. to find next week's rota had not been posted. I am off work tomorrow which means I don't know if I should go into work on Monday or if that is my day off. I have already raised with my DOM but nothing has been done. What is the experience of other delivery offices.17.5 Projected workload, based on accurate daily/weekly forecast traffic to shift and work area, together with historic data, will be used to establish realistic resourcing requirements for at least three weeks in advance.
This information will be available on an open-book basis to the CWU. The resource plan will be discussed with the CWU. Where there is a need to vary the resource plan to meet unforeseen traffic variations and/or resourcing problems which results in recourse to ad hoc overtime and/or supplementary staffing or lapsing, there will be prior discussion with CWU. These issues will be dealt with using the processes in the IR Framework.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Weekly Rota
thats for the resourcing plan not the rota. resourcing plan is for how many staff needed not which staff needed. Note at no point does it state the rota will be three weeks in advancepaulf0203 wrote:Page 30 clause 17.5zx135 wrote:No such stipulations in the way forward agreement.paulf0203 wrote:The way forward agreement allows you to see the rota three weeks in advance but it would obviously be provisional as sickness and special leave would have an impact.mijones wrote:What is the point of a weekly rota? I am a reserve so I don't know what my day off is until the weekly rota is posted on the board. Today, I got back to my delivery office at 2-00p.m. to find next week's rota had not been posted. I am off work tomorrow which means I don't know if I should go into work on Monday or if that is my day off. I have already raised with my DOM but nothing has been done. What is the experience of other delivery offices.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Weekly Rota
No it didn't, received any unpaid surcharge items that you didn't pay for lately?arnold cheshire wrote:that put one over on zx135Pinky 1 wrote:Page 30 clause 17.5paulf0203 wrote:Page 30 clause 17.5zx135 wrote:No such stipulations in the way forward agreement.paulf0203 wrote:The way forward agreement allows you to see the rota three weeks in advance but it would obviously be provisional as sickness and special leave would have an impact.mijones wrote:What is the point of a weekly rota? I am a reserve so I don't know what my day off is until the weekly rota is posted on the board. Today, I got back to my delivery office at 2-00p.m. to find next week's rota had not been posted. I am off work tomorrow which means I don't know if I should go into work on Monday or if that is my day off. I have already raised with my DOM but nothing has been done. What is the experience of other delivery offices.17.5 Projected workload, based on accurate daily/weekly forecast traffic to shift and work area, together with historic data, will be used to establish realistic resourcing requirements for at least three weeks in advance.
This information will be available on an open-book basis to the CWU. The resource plan will be discussed with the CWU. Where there is a need to vary the resource plan to meet unforeseen traffic variations and/or resourcing problems which results in recourse to ad hoc overtime and/or supplementary staffing or lapsing, there will be prior discussion with CWU. These issues will be dealt with using the processes in the IR Framework.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Weekly Rota
??zx135 wrote:No it didn't, received any unpaid surcharge items that you didn't pay for lately?arnold cheshire wrote:that put one over on zx135Pinky 1 wrote:Page 30 clause 17.5paulf0203 wrote:Page 30 clause 17.5zx135 wrote:No such stipulations in the way forward agreement.paulf0203 wrote:The way forward agreement allows you to see the rota three weeks in advance but it would obviously be provisional as sickness and special leave would have an impact.mijones wrote:What is the point of a weekly rota? I am a reserve so I don't know what my day off is until the weekly rota is posted on the board. Today, I got back to my delivery office at 2-00p.m. to find next week's rota had not been posted. I am off work tomorrow which means I don't know if I should go into work on Monday or if that is my day off. I have already raised with my DOM but nothing has been done. What is the experience of other delivery offices.17.5 Projected workload, based on accurate daily/weekly forecast traffic to shift and work area, together with historic data, will be used to establish realistic resourcing requirements for at least three weeks in advance.
This information will be available on an open-book basis to the CWU. The resource plan will be discussed with the CWU. Where there is a need to vary the resource plan to meet unforeseen traffic variations and/or resourcing problems which results in recourse to ad hoc overtime and/or supplementary staffing or lapsing, there will be prior discussion with CWU. These issues will be dealt with using the processes in the IR Framework.
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: Weekly Rota
I can assure you that wasn't the intention. I merely posted the section of the agreement that paulf0203 was refering to.arnold cheshire wrote: that put one over on zx135
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Weekly Rota
yesPinky 1 wrote:I can assure you that wasn't the intention. I merely posted the section of the agreement that paulf0203 was refering to.arnold cheshire wrote: that put one over on zx135
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Weekly Rota
Just referring to the fact that you received a surcharge item for yourself at your own office and you didnt pay the surcharge when your manager gave you the item, thats a more than a little dishonest in my opinionarnold cheshire wrote:??zx135 wrote:No it didn't, received any unpaid surcharge items that you didn't pay for lately?arnold cheshire wrote: that put one over on zx135
-
paulf0203
- Posts: 121
- Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 09:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Weekly Rota
zx135 wrote:thats for the resourcing plan not the rota. resourcing plan is for how many staff needed not which staff needed. Note at no point does it state the rota will be three weeks in advance in our cluster of offices the resource plan includes a provisional rota which can be changed of course when people go sick etcpaulf0203 wrote:Page 30 clause 17.5zx135 wrote:No such stipulations in the way forward agreement.paulf0203 wrote:The way forward agreement allows you to see the rota three weeks in advance but it would obviously be provisional as sickness and special leave would have an impact.mijones wrote:What is the point of a weekly rota? I am a reserve so I don't know what my day off is until the weekly rota is posted on the board. Today, I got back to my delivery office at 2-00p.m. to find next week's rota had not been posted. I am off work tomorrow which means I don't know if I should go into work on Monday or if that is my day off. I have already raised with my DOM but nothing has been done. What is the experience of other delivery offices.