ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Attendance call
-
Pidleypoo
- Posts: 705
- Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 10:05
- Gender: Male
Attendance call
Do we actually have an agreed length of time for an attendance call
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Attendance call
Not agreed, but is planned at 1:30 if I remember correctly, and 8 seconds for no attendance.Pidleypoo wrote:Do we actually have an agreed length of time for an attendance call
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Attendance call
100 houses in 8 minutes ?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Not agreed, but is planned at 1:30 if I remember correctly, and 8 seconds for no attendance.Pidleypoo wrote:Do we actually have an agreed length of time for an attendance call
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Attendance call
arnold cheshire wrote:100 houses in 8 minutes ?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Not agreed, but is planned at 1:30 if I remember correctly, and 8 seconds for no attendance.Pidleypoo wrote:Do we actually have an agreed length of time for an attendance call
No the 8 secs is the planning value to stop at the door, review the mail (to avoid misdelivery), putting it through, turning round - the walking to and from the above part is another planning value. So its 8 seconds extra not 8 seconds per delivery.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Jack Rouse
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 09 Jul 2014, 20:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Attendance call
Heard it's 3mins for a special delivery ?
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
Pidleypoo
- Posts: 705
- Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 10:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Attendance call
They have been saying 50 seconds in our office. Although seeing as our last revision has been nothing short of a farce then it's easy to see that if the wrong information is being used not just for this but call rates as well (and prep rates) it's no wonder our deliverys are not do-able most days/weeks
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Attendance call
Just love it when you go into the office to tell the DOM you're going to be going over, "Will I get paid for Pressure Overtime"? Then he pulls out his facts & figures chart telling you the mail volume is light and exactly how long it should take you to prep your walk...... According to the Traffic Figures!
and how long it should take you to Deliver!
Then I tell him it's only an estimation and point out the only mail actually attributed to my Duty is...Mech...Specials & Tracked....all the rest is Guesstamate!
Compare two duties in my office and one has a york full of packets and the other could carry them back to their frame in an armfull!
So much for traffic figures, the sooner they can track all packets to an individual duty the better IMO. 
Then I tell him it's only an estimation and point out the only mail actually attributed to my Duty is...Mech...Specials & Tracked....all the rest is Guesstamate!
Compare two duties in my office and one has a york full of packets and the other could carry them back to their frame in an armfull!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
Re: Attendance call
I always thought it was an average 8 seconds including attendance calls. i.e. 20 drops at 4 seconds would give you 80s at the 21st drop, this is more than enough for many attendance calls and the remaining time covers writing P739's
Not that I agree with it, but I pretty sure that was the plan when they wanted us to walk 4mph excluding the 8s call time.
Not that I agree with it, but I pretty sure that was the plan when they wanted us to walk 4mph excluding the 8s call time.
-
BarnsleyLackey
- Posts: 349
- Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Attendance call
I wouldn't even debate this lunacy with a manager. Not until I find one who's got the balls to come out and walk test, to prove we're not pissing about. They're beginning to fall back, more and more, on print outs telling the days traffic volumes. Not only do I not trust them, it means jack s**t in respect to call rate.
-
Flashman_
- Posts: 363
- Joined: 05 Jan 2010, 00:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Attendance call
Over the last couple of years I have had managers following me around on several occasions cause they think I walk too slow or something. Whenever they did this I went slower than my normal pace, but they did not and could not challenge anything I was doing. I have no idea how long I take to do individual drops, it takes as long as it takes.
Just do the job properly and they can quote all the figures they like but it meant FA in the real world.
Just do the job properly and they can quote all the figures they like but it meant FA in the real world.
-
bogstandard
- Posts: 1074
- Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16
Re: Attendance call
Surely this is is the way to go. They pull out the facts and figures explaining why we get nothing so we leave and ... Oh no stuff comes back.Dorset Plodder wrote:Just love it when you go into the office to tell the DOM you're going to be going over, "Will I get paid for Pressure Overtime"? Then he pulls out his facts & figures chart telling you the mail volume is light and exactly how long it should take you to prep your walk...... According to the Traffic Figures!and how long it should take you to Deliver!
![]()
Then I tell him it's only an estimation and point out the only mail actually attributed to my Duty is...Mech...Specials & Tracked....all the rest is Guesstamate!
Compare two duties in my office and one has a york full of packets and the other could carry them back to their frame in an armfull!So much for traffic figures, the sooner they can track all packets to an individual duty the better IMO.
When questioned we say we went to see about extended or bringing back work however were shown facts and figures which we could not argue or dispute so we fully expected all this work to be delivered within our delivery time as was displayed to us.
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
-
secf
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 07:00
- Gender: Female
Re: Attendance call
No, the managers don't have a clue when they are asked

-
Spy
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 17:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Attendance call
57 seconds is meant to be the average. Sometimes it takes longer or shorter.Pidleypoo wrote:Do we actually have an agreed length of time for an attendance call