ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Senior postmen

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Gilly856
Posts: 41
Joined: 13 Nov 2014, 13:29
Gender: Male

Senior postmen

Post by Gilly856 »

Why do senior postmen go home and not back to the office to return specials and the Queens mail?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Senior postmen

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Gilly856 wrote:Why do senior postmen go home and not back to the office to return specials and the Queens mail?
No the question is "Why does your management team allow them". Certainly senior posties are treated exactly the same in my office as juniors, the CWU shuldn't have it any other way, and if a rep does, then they should consider their position.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Senior postmen

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

But the there is always RHIP :so there
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Gilly856
Posts: 41
Joined: 13 Nov 2014, 13:29
Gender: Male

Seniority

Post by Gilly856 »

Why does senior only mean something of cloud cuckoo land that is postman?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Seniority

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Gilly856 wrote:Why does senior only mean something of cloud cuckoo land that is postman?

Why are you randomly starting threads on the same subject
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Seniority

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Gilly856 wrote:Why does senior only mean something of cloud cuckoo land that is postman?
WTF - its rife in the ALL the services, or did it pass you by.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: Senior postmen

Post by Judgee »

Why do junior 'men' always piss and moan about senior men...... until they become senior men, then they tend to shut up? :hmmmm
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
Gilly856
Posts: 41
Joined: 13 Nov 2014, 13:29
Gender: Male

Re: Senior postmen

Post by Gilly856 »

Judge and others you'll. Never shut me up I believe in right from wrong not can you take my specia
S and PDA back mate
Gilly856
Posts: 41
Joined: 13 Nov 2014, 13:29
Gender: Male

Re: Senior postmen

Post by Gilly856 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Gilly856 wrote:Why do senior postmen go home and not back to the office to return specials and the Queens mail?
No the question is "Why does your management team allow them". Certainly senior posties are treated exactly the same in my office as juniors, the CWU shuldn't have it any other way, and if a rep does, then they should consider their position.
No hat the question is as stated not what you perceive ?
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Senior postmen

Post by arnold cheshire »

Gilly856 wrote:Why do senior postmen go home and not back to the office to return specials and the Queens mail?
senior men are on singleton rounds in our office and return to the office an hour and half early every day
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Senior postmen

Post by bustedflush »

Seniority (and I'm a 'junior') is perfectly OK. If I came into a queue for the Supermarket checkout I would wait my turn, not expect to be shoved to the front. Would you?

Back on topic, as was said, lax practices occur in many offices if allowed from the top. There is a grey area in places between the rules as set and common practices that some consider to have tacit approval - until of course something goes wrong then the sh*t cart will be tipped on the postie, senior or not. :nana
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Senior postmen

Post by DB1100 »

Gilly856,just a little tip,don't drink and post old boy oh and try eating a snickers.
For we were soldiers once,and young
Bernardson
Posts: 320
Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 23:22

Re: Senior postmen

Post by Bernardson »

I'm in the top six of my office but there's little benefit.
I try to "do the job properly". I'm on a long and big rural usually one of the last ones to return to the office but hey that was my choice, :crazy: I never do absorption as my time is fully occupied.
Over the last few years seniors have lost their automatic place for holiday picks we have had a bizarre system for duty picks foisted on us as you will see by reading these forums.
Management don't want to listen to the likes of us although we have seen it all, or think we have until tomorrow happens!
All postal grades should stand united management love to divide and conquer.
When I get to 55 I am going to ask the management to enact the postal instruction which states " those over 55 should be given help even if they don't ask for it." :left:
Gilly856
Posts: 41
Joined: 13 Nov 2014, 13:29
Gender: Male

Re: Senior postmen

Post by Gilly856 »

DB1100 wrote:Gilly856,just a little tip,don't drink and post old boy oh and try eating a snickers.
Thanks for the tip top :nana
GT750rider
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 216
Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
Gender: Male

Re: Senior postmen

Post by GT750rider »

Bernardson wrote:I'm in the top six of my office but there's little benefit.
I try to "do the job properly". I'm on a long and big rural usually one of the last ones to return to the office but hey that was my choice, :crazy: I never do absorption as my time is fully occupied.
Over the last few years seniors have lost their automatic place for holiday picks we have had a bizarre system for duty picks foisted on us as you will see by reading these forums.
Management don't want to listen to the likes of us although we have seen it all, or think we have until tomorrow happens!
All postal grades should stand united management love to divide and conquer.
When I get to 55 I am going to ask the management to enact the postal instruction which states " those over 55 should be given help even if they don't ask for it." :left:
When I was on delivery I was in the top 10 seniority wise, and like you, I tried to do the job properly. I was on the same rural for 10+ years, rarely making any time, booking over maybe twice a week. The along came Pegasus, giving me an extra 60 or so calls. I reminded my lino that he'd come out with me on test just 18 months prior,and that we got back 30 minutes late. But his reply was " that was then, this is now " ( Thanks ! ). So, for 12 weeks I didn't cut off, but booked OT every day, usually 1 -1½ hours.
Then a job was advertised in the mail centre, which I applied for and got. I didn't want to leave delivery, as I'd made some good friends on the round, and I worked with good colleagues.
My round was offered to a guy who'd lost his firms delivery ( Peagasus again ). He refused, saying he'd only do it if it was cut.
And you guessed it, the b**t**ds cut it straight away, almost.