I have been on annual leave last week and my walk has been lapsed which means I have obviously been assigned a new duty whilst the lapsing is going on.
I got one of them paper slips to my home address which tells me what duty I am on this week but the problem is it states my day off is Thursday wtf now the issue is my day off should be Saturday/long weekend on 'my' signed for duty and I have plans
I questioned the Rep the other week and he said your day off will stay the same as the duty you signed for, I wouldn't have any issue to be honest If it was any other day but I made plans to go away and come back Mon with the Family.
I thought you always keep you signed in duty's day off rota when they kick you off your duty for summer lapsing. Certainly the case at my gaff, for everyone I know.
IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:I thought you always keep you signed in duty's day off rota when they kick you off your duty for summer lapsing. Certainly the case at my gaff, for everyone I know.
Thanks for the reply, as I said the Rep said to me that was the case the other week but when I seen that in the letter I was like
I'll ask the Rep again tomorrow and insist on my rest day staying the same as the duty I signed for.
Do that yes but also be aware you have a right to a certain number of weeks notice before a change can be made to your attendance pattern. I believe it is 4 or 6 weeks as agreed with the union.
Your statutory rights say you should be given a 'reasonable' amount of warning to a duty change. As you have a fixed long-term pattern I would say reasonable warning would be atleast a month - you could argue more though. In addition if you have any other firm appointments on your old days off booked within the upcoming 6-12months tell them they are non-negotiable and you cannot attend work those days. That sounds reasonable to me.
meercat wrote:. Do that yes but also be aware you have a right to a certain number of weeks notice before a change can be made to your attendance pattern. I believe it is 4 or 6 weeks as agreed with the union.
There is no such agreement
meercat wrote:
Your statutory rights say you should be given a 'reasonable' amount of warning to a duty change.
I'm lucky if I find out what my day off for next week is going to be when the rota goes up, and I actually get that day and don't get it changed at the last minute!
The ruling on this is really important for our place. Does anyone at all have anything solid? Rumour is they can't do it - but without seeing the contract or knowing the policy, I ain't got a clue.
Rep should have weekly resource meetings with most things planned a week in advance,it's not hard.
Obviously peeps going sick can put a spanner in the works.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been. My BFF Clash The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
LaggyBand wrote:So does that mean management can change your rota day with short notice without your consent? Or are you unsure?
Legally yes. But doing so could leave the dom open to losing a grievance case against him over it
Ok, what makes you say yes?
Is it simply the absence of a clause to the contrary in the contract?
Also, why would a dom be open to losing the grievance? What have they done wrong?
I am saying yes as legally royal mail can change any part of our contractual terms and conditions including days off and attendance times, there is no law which stops it.
As for the grievance, they can change our terms and conditions but there are guidelines(not rules) that state they should give reasonable notice, so a short notice change of day off could be considered unreasonable hence the dom could lose a grievance case over it