Quicky Guys.
The walk I signed for is one of the lapsed duties therefore they move me onto something else. I don't mind so much as long as I finish/complete at my time (which I have managed up till now)
Question is, do I insist/expect on keeping my original duty day off? example last week I should have been off on the Mon but the walk I was put on was day off Fri - I did mention I didn't mind that particular week.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Lapsed 'my' walk question.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsed 'my' walk question.
It all depends on what was agreed in your local office, if your walk was specifically earmarked as a lapsing duty and you would be displaced in that event when you signed for it it may well be that your day off changes IF that's what was agreed when the walks were planned and it may well be the case that you MAY keep your existing day off again it depends on what was agreed, but knowing how it seems the majority of doms didn't put much effort thinking the offices revisions through it's probably not even been thought about in which case you probably going to need to get your rep to argue your case for you on this one
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: Lapsed 'my' walk question.
At our's, we have two lapsed duties and the walk holders both keep their rotating day off.
I think that this may be due to local agreement though.
I think that this may be due to local agreement though.
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
19times
- Posts: 339
- Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
- Gender: Female
Re: Lapsed 'my' walk question.
Cheers chaps, come to think of it, I am pretty sure this other fella who has had his walk lapsed is on a duty where it's his same day off (I covered him last week whilst he was on annual leave)
I shall mention it to the Rep.
I shall mention it to the Rep.
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsed 'my' walk question.
Insist on keeping your day off or they will screw you over, you'll find he bank holiday at the end of the month will be your day off otherwise. You'll rarely get a long weekend, just say if there's a spare duty each week which has the same day off your duty would have had then to give you that duty and only on rare occasions if there's no other duty that matches up with yours will you accept it.
-
19times
- Posts: 339
- Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
- Gender: Female
Re: Lapsed 'my' walk question.
Yep will do, DOM did say to me it was only for 10 weeks - due to stop Sept I think he said.coxie wrote:Insist on keeping your day off or they will screw you over, you'll find he bank holiday at the end of the month will be your day off otherwise. You'll rarely get a long weekend, just say if there's a spare duty each week which has the same day off your duty would have had then to give you that duty and only on rare occasions if there's no other duty that matches up with yours will you accept it.