ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Senior postmen
-
Gilly856
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 13 Nov 2014, 13:29
- Gender: Male
Senior postmen
Why do senior postmen go home and not back to the office to return specials and the Queens mail?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Senior postmen
No the question is "Why does your management team allow them". Certainly senior posties are treated exactly the same in my office as juniors, the CWU shuldn't have it any other way, and if a rep does, then they should consider their position.Gilly856 wrote:Why do senior postmen go home and not back to the office to return specials and the Queens mail?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Senior postmen
But the there is always RHIP 
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Seniority
Gilly856 wrote:Why does senior only mean something of cloud cuckoo land that is postman?
Why are you randomly starting threads on the same subject
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Seniority
WTF - its rife in the ALL the services, or did it pass you by.Gilly856 wrote:Why does senior only mean something of cloud cuckoo land that is postman?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Senior postmen
Why do junior 'men' always piss and moan about senior men...... until they become senior men, then they tend to shut up? 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
Gilly856
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 13 Nov 2014, 13:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Senior postmen
Judge and others you'll. Never shut me up I believe in right from wrong not can you take my specia
S and PDA back mate
S and PDA back mate
-
Gilly856
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 13 Nov 2014, 13:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Senior postmen
No hat the question is as stated not what you perceive ?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:No the question is "Why does your management team allow them". Certainly senior posties are treated exactly the same in my office as juniors, the CWU shuldn't have it any other way, and if a rep does, then they should consider their position.Gilly856 wrote:Why do senior postmen go home and not back to the office to return specials and the Queens mail?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Senior postmen
senior men are on singleton rounds in our office and return to the office an hour and half early every dayGilly856 wrote:Why do senior postmen go home and not back to the office to return specials and the Queens mail?
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Senior postmen
Seniority (and I'm a 'junior') is perfectly OK. If I came into a queue for the Supermarket checkout I would wait my turn, not expect to be shoved to the front. Would you?
Back on topic, as was said, lax practices occur in many offices if allowed from the top. There is a grey area in places between the rules as set and common practices that some consider to have tacit approval - until of course something goes wrong then the sh*t cart will be tipped on the postie, senior or not.
Back on topic, as was said, lax practices occur in many offices if allowed from the top. There is a grey area in places between the rules as set and common practices that some consider to have tacit approval - until of course something goes wrong then the sh*t cart will be tipped on the postie, senior or not.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Senior postmen
Gilly856,just a little tip,don't drink and post old boy oh and try eating a snickers.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
Bernardson
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 23:22
Re: Senior postmen
I'm in the top six of my office but there's little benefit.
I try to "do the job properly". I'm on a long and big rural usually one of the last ones to return to the office but hey that was my choice,
I never do absorption as my time is fully occupied.
Over the last few years seniors have lost their automatic place for holiday picks we have had a bizarre system for duty picks foisted on us as you will see by reading these forums.
Management don't want to listen to the likes of us although we have seen it all, or think we have until tomorrow happens!
All postal grades should stand united management love to divide and conquer.
When I get to 55 I am going to ask the management to enact the postal instruction which states " those over 55 should be given help even if they don't ask for it."
I try to "do the job properly". I'm on a long and big rural usually one of the last ones to return to the office but hey that was my choice,
Over the last few years seniors have lost their automatic place for holiday picks we have had a bizarre system for duty picks foisted on us as you will see by reading these forums.
Management don't want to listen to the likes of us although we have seen it all, or think we have until tomorrow happens!
All postal grades should stand united management love to divide and conquer.
When I get to 55 I am going to ask the management to enact the postal instruction which states " those over 55 should be given help even if they don't ask for it."
-
Gilly856
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 13 Nov 2014, 13:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Senior postmen
Thanks for the tip topDB1100 wrote:Gilly856,just a little tip,don't drink and post old boy oh and try eating a snickers.
-
GT750rider
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 216
- Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Senior postmen
When I was on delivery I was in the top 10 seniority wise, and like you, I tried to do the job properly. I was on the same rural for 10+ years, rarely making any time, booking over maybe twice a week. The along came Pegasus, giving me an extra 60 or so calls. I reminded my lino that he'd come out with me on test just 18 months prior,and that we got back 30 minutes late. But his reply was " that was then, this is now " ( Thanks ! ). So, for 12 weeks I didn't cut off, but booked OT every day, usually 1 -1½ hours.Bernardson wrote:I'm in the top six of my office but there's little benefit.
I try to "do the job properly". I'm on a long and big rural usually one of the last ones to return to the office but hey that was my choice,I never do absorption as my time is fully occupied.
Over the last few years seniors have lost their automatic place for holiday picks we have had a bizarre system for duty picks foisted on us as you will see by reading these forums.
Management don't want to listen to the likes of us although we have seen it all, or think we have until tomorrow happens!
All postal grades should stand united management love to divide and conquer.
When I get to 55 I am going to ask the management to enact the postal instruction which states " those over 55 should be given help even if they don't ask for it."
Then a job was advertised in the mail centre, which I applied for and got. I didn't want to leave delivery, as I'd made some good friends on the round, and I worked with good colleagues.
My round was offered to a guy who'd lost his firms delivery ( Peagasus again ). He refused, saying he'd only do it if it was cut.
And you guessed it, the b**t**ds cut it straight away, almost.