ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Is the grass greener?
-
sophie97
- Posts: 169
- Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 15:10
- Gender: Female
Is the grass greener?
Getting fed up with this job for the usual reasons which seem to be getting worse.
Looking at other jobs, not much about that pays better for unskilled work. Just wondering if anyone on here has gone on to better things? Or gone on and wish they hadnt?
Looking at other jobs, not much about that pays better for unskilled work. Just wondering if anyone on here has gone on to better things? Or gone on and wish they hadnt?
-
tonytucker
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
- Gender: Male
- Location: Essex now
Re: Is the grass greener?
Become an escortsophie97 wrote:Getting fed up with this job for the usual reasons which seem to be getting worse.
Looking at other jobs, not much about that pays better for unskilled work. Just wondering if anyone on here has gone on to better things? Or gone on and wish they hadnt?
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Is the grass greener?
Everyone I know that has left for whatever reason, another job, EVR, IHR, etc has never looked back and never looked healthier!
But taking that leap in the first place, that's the tricky part!
But taking that leap in the first place, that's the tricky part!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
postman nel
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 15:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Is the grass greener?
I got out through IHR a couple of years ago....at first I wondered if I made the biggest mistake of my life...looking back now it' was the best thing I ever done...so much happier, feel a lot fitter ,I've got weekends to myself and talking to some of my old work mates at RM it seems I got out just at the right time 
-
The Quiet Man
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 27 Dec 2010, 14:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Is the grass greener?
There was a thread asking this same question a little while ago.....
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=68265" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TQM
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=68265" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TQM
-
DocketLefty
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 03 Jul 2015, 22:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Is the grass greener?
I don't understand why everyone thinks the job is so stressful? If you have too much then just book the overtime and earn more money? You'll still be home before most people finish work. I have been in retail all my life, and I would never go back. The grass certainly is not greener.
-
buntin
- Posts: 100
- Joined: 27 Jul 2011, 13:55
- Gender: Male
Re: Is the grass greener?
agree with the comment above . i left and wished i hadnt. Returned back to being a postie after 5 years . The job is a piece of piss in my opinion but possibly that depends at what office you work at and the manager you work under i suppose. i definately wouldnt call it a stressful job in my opinion and its quite well paid i think for what you do.
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Is the grass greener?
I've had better jobs and I've had worse jobs. I won't state what they were for obvious reasons, but if there's one thing for certain it's that this job isn't what it used to be, and it will continue to get worse.
-
bogstandard
- Posts: 1074
- Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16
Re: Is the grass greener?
the grass is always greener. The question is, will it remain so?
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Is the grass greener?
Leaving will be hard as you need to know what sort of job you want and will you be able to find ideal job with job security and better pay and conditions.
-
Gilly856
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 13 Nov 2014, 13:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Is the grass greener?
Having spent 35 years on the other side don't do it., they work harder and are ge erally far brighter than the crop I've met
-
bluealbert
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Is the grass greener?
Wouldn't want to work with you,and they most probably say the same about youGilly856 wrote:Having spent 35 years on the other side don't do it., they work harder and are ge erally far brighter than the crop I've met
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Is the grass greener?
buntin wrote:agree with the comment above . i left and wished i hadnt. Returned back to being a postie after 5 years . The job is a piece of piss in my opinion but possibly that depends at what office you work at and the manager you work under i suppose. i definately wouldnt call it a stressful job in my opinion and its quite well paid i think for what you do.
Stress wise, its the easiest and least stressful job I have had - even on busy days.
However, for strenuous effort over a long and sustained period - I'd say its near the top.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Is the grass greener?
An intentionally ironic postGilly856 wrote:Having spent 35 years on the other side don't do it., they work harder and are generally far brighter than the crop I've met
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Gilly856
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 13 Nov 2014, 13:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Is the grass greener?
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:buntin wrote:agree with the comment above . i left and wished i hadnt. Returned back to being a postie after 5 years . The job is a piece of piss in my opinion but possibly that depends at what office you work at and the manager you work under i suppose. i definately wouldnt call it a stressful job in my opinion and its quite well paid i think for what you do.
Stress wise, its the easiest and least stressful job I have had - even on busy days.
However, for strenuous effort over a long and sustained period - I'd say its near the top.[/quot
Fair comment and true bu why would you piss in your boots hat????e]