ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Mixing part time with full time
-
sophie97
- Posts: 169
- Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 15:10
- Gender: Female
Mixing part time with full time
I have an issue, I am on a 27.5 hour contract come in at 8.30...finish time 2pm. my partner is on a bigger contract then me, im not sure excatly but its somewhere just under full time, between 31 and 35 hours. However we both do the same walk (Shared Van), both finish the same time, yet he gets paid a few hours more then me each week?
Ive no problems with him as such, and its not just him who I get paired with, Im always getting paired with people with bigger contracts yet we do the same work? How is this fair?
Of course I claim overtime if I go over 27.5 hours, Yet on weeks we dont go over it, my partners are always taking home more money then me for the same work.
Ive no problems with him as such, and its not just him who I get paired with, Im always getting paired with people with bigger contracts yet we do the same work? How is this fair?
Of course I claim overtime if I go over 27.5 hours, Yet on weeks we dont go over it, my partners are always taking home more money then me for the same work.
-
Jefferson Starfish
- Posts: 905
- Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Female
- Location: Greendale DO
Re: Mixing part time with full time
Presumably they start earlier than you?
-
sophie97
- Posts: 169
- Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 15:10
- Gender: Female
Re: Mixing part time with full time
No this is my point, We start the same time, and finish the same time, they are just on a bigger contract. I would imagine their finish time is later then mine, Yet when we dont go over so I cant claim OT, they are still getting paid moreJefferson Starfish wrote:Presumably they start earlier than you?
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Mixing part time with full time
what is your contracted start and finish times and their contracted start and finish times?
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Mixing part time with full time
I started on a 30 hour contract and was on it for two years despite most people being on a 40 hour contract and all of us doing the same work. Actually I was finishing later than many come to think of it as I got stuck with all the cr@p rounds! It's unfair but life is unfair, your time will come! 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
sophie97
- Posts: 169
- Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 15:10
- Gender: Female
Re: Mixing part time with full time
mine is 8.30 till 2pm.zx135 wrote:what is your contracted start and finish times and their contracted start and finish times?
my partners is 8.30 to 3pm
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Mixing part time with full time
The solution in this case would be rather than aligning start times the office should be aligning finish times that way if there is not enough work to fill both your hours at least you will both be getting away say half an hour early rather than you finish on time and guy with more hours on their contract gaining more hours
-
trevjim
- Posts: 170
- Joined: 05 Dec 2012, 20:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Mixing part time with full time
Happens in our office too, the less hours you are on, the more you get shafted
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Mixing part time with full time
Managers should be utilising all contract hours outside meal relief entitlements, "job and finish" stopped several years ago.
If Jim can get done 50mins before his finish time (accounting for any untaken outdoor meal relief), managers should be asking Jim to assist OPGs/duties with a history of needing overtime, or giving them more lapsing.
Generally speaking, there does seem to be a pattern, where some 30+ hour OPGs are being paid for leaving work up to ~1 hour early while 22.5 hour contract OPGs have to graft for every minute of their contract time and overtime.
If Jim can get done 50mins before his finish time (accounting for any untaken outdoor meal relief), managers should be asking Jim to assist OPGs/duties with a history of needing overtime, or giving them more lapsing.
Generally speaking, there does seem to be a pattern, where some 30+ hour OPGs are being paid for leaving work up to ~1 hour early while 22.5 hour contract OPGs have to graft for every minute of their contract time and overtime.
-
piranha
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 496
- Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 09:30
- Gender: Male
Re: Mixing part time with full time
At my office its the 39 hour contracts who bugger off sometimes 2 hours early whilst others are paid overtime to clear up the lapsing not done, job and finish is alive and well 
-
matthew68
- Posts: 516
- Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
- Gender: Male
Re: Mixing part time with full time
exactly the same here we have 2 ft who start at 7 and nearly always finish about 1-130 on tue earlier then they go home,I complained to dom as my partner and me finish hour later he just says they are quick and don't claim !piranha wrote:At my office its the 39 hour contracts who bugger off sometimes 2 hours early whilst others are paid overtime to clear up the lapsing not done, job and finish is alive and well
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Mixing part time with full time
I'm 25 hour contracted so anything I do last 5 hours I book.
I've been on a full time reserve type duty for past 2 years, go in and book up to full time before I go out on delivery
I've been on a full time reserve type duty for past 2 years, go in and book up to full time before I go out on delivery
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Mixing part time with full time
Are you sure? Even the managers in my office aren't sure what time the part timers are meant to start.sophie97 wrote:mine is 8.30 till 2pm.zx135 wrote:what is your contracted start and finish times and their contracted start and finish times?
my partners is 8.30 to 3pm
I'd bet my bottom dollar that your start time is meant to be 9:30 (like mine).
He is meant to spend the extra hour prepping both duties, you are meant to come in, bag up and leave. Finishing at the same time, 3:00pm.
That's how van shares work in my office (the ones that mix PT and Ft that is).
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Mixing part time with full time
Going on in our office too. Some full timers getting back at the same time, sometimes earlier than PT. Yet part timers going over by 1 hour most days or cut off. Then management say we need to cut down overtime but nothing gets done about the unbalanced rounds. I've done both PT and FT rounds and I can say there is barely any noticeable difference!piranha wrote:At my office its the 39 hour contracts who bugger off sometimes 2 hours early whilst others are paid overtime to clear up the lapsing not done, job and finish is alive and well
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Mixing part time with full time
But Trevjim, didn't you say that this job was a piece of piss? The word "shafted" is hardly in keeping with the notion that the job is easy, surely?trevjim wrote:Happens in our office too, the less hours you are on, the more you get shafted