ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Get your crystal balls out.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
noggin1969
Posts: 1321
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
Gender: Male

Get your crystal balls out.

Post by noggin1969 »

New one on me this morning , line manager walking about with a questionnaire asking people that had sick leave in last years summer period whether they might be sick in this years summer period :shock: TBH if I was that good a clairvoyant I would be looking for next weeks lottery numbers and not at my sick record :arrrghhh
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: Get your crystal balls out.

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

Might need sick leave this summer? Possibly, yeah, but I'm not Mystic Meg and I've not booked a nice holiday for which I've been refused official RM leave. :shock:
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Get your crystal balls out.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

noggin1969 wrote:New one on me this morning , line manager walking about with a questionnaire asking people that had sick leave in last years summer period whether they might be sick in this years summer period :shock: TBH if I was that good a clairvoyant I would be looking for next weeks lottery numbers and not at my sick record :arrrghhh
Sounds like a fishing expedition, I hope no one acknowledged the question never mind answered it.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
framusjsx
Posts: 88
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 16:53
Gender: Male

Re: Get your crystal balls out.

Post by framusjsx »

some of this stuff managers do, you just couldn't make it up.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Get your crystal balls out.

Post by POSTMAN »

And the rep.......
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
noggin1969
Posts: 1321
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
Gender: Male

Re: Get your crystal balls out.

Post by noggin1969 »

:whistle
ewancurze
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
Gender: Male

Re: Get your crystal balls out.

Post by ewancurze »

Yes they did this at out office "just to ensure that a pattern is not developing",It just gets peoples backs up.This company is SO good at de-motivating workers,I really don't know why they do it.If you treat people well they will help you out,treat them bad and....well you know!
I am fortunate in that mostly I am treated "OK"

But that can change VERY quickly.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Get your crystal balls out.

Post by DB1100 »

Just another form of indirect intimidation.
For we were soldiers once,and young
BarnsleyLackey
Posts: 349
Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
Gender: Male

Re: Get your crystal balls out.

Post by BarnsleyLackey »

You do know that if you said Yes, or a variant saying it's possible, he wouldn't know what to say?
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Get your crystal balls out.

Post by k979aaa »

noggin1969 wrote:New one on me this morning , line manager walking about with a questionnaire asking people that had sick leave in last years summer period whether they might be sick in this years summer period :shock: TBH if I was that good a clairvoyant I would be looking for next weeks lottery numbers and not at my sick record :arrrghhh
Ask them how much bonus last year they got and say I will tell you if I will be sick in the summer period don't expect an honest answer! :chuckle
fly-catchers
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 573
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
Gender: Male

Re: Get your crystal balls out.

Post by fly-catchers »

I remember I was sick in November one year and again in November about 5 years later and was told by the DOM that a pattern was starting to emerge!! :roll:
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Re: Get your crystal balls out.

Post by robbertwhitton »

And so it goes on this madness!! I think we're on meltdown! Such a mess how this proud company is run.love my job and my round but at 55 next year after 35 years I'm off!
Surreypostie
Posts: 999
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
Gender: Male

Re: Get your crystal balls out.

Post by Surreypostie »

Seriously? They really asked you that? I would have just laughed, our managers probably wouldn't have asked, they are quite a decent bunch. Been fortunate never to have really had a problem with any manager and we've had a few.
enskied
Posts: 1877
Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
Gender: Male

Re: Get your crystal balls out.

Post by enskied »

I believe that they are also sending an "INVITATION" to come in to see the Manager to anyone that goes sick in the school hols.
meercat
Posts: 814
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
Gender: Male

Re: Get your crystal balls out.

Post by meercat »

Sorry I just had to click on this thread when it invited me to get my balls out. Can't say no to that!