ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Get your crystal balls out.
-
noggin1969
- Posts: 1321
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
- Gender: Male
Get your crystal balls out.
New one on me this morning , line manager walking about with a questionnaire asking people that had sick leave in last years summer period whether they might be sick in this years summer period
TBH if I was that good a clairvoyant I would be looking for next weeks lottery numbers and not at my sick record 
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Get your crystal balls out.
Might need sick leave this summer? Possibly, yeah, but I'm not Mystic Meg and I've not booked a nice holiday for which I've been refused official RM leave. 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Get your crystal balls out.
Sounds like a fishing expedition, I hope no one acknowledged the question never mind answered it.noggin1969 wrote:New one on me this morning , line manager walking about with a questionnaire asking people that had sick leave in last years summer period whether they might be sick in this years summer periodTBH if I was that good a clairvoyant I would be looking for next weeks lottery numbers and not at my sick record
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
framusjsx
- Posts: 88
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 16:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Get your crystal balls out.
some of this stuff managers do, you just couldn't make it up.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Get your crystal balls out.
And the rep.......
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
ewancurze
- Posts: 400
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Get your crystal balls out.
Yes they did this at out office "just to ensure that a pattern is not developing",It just gets peoples backs up.This company is SO good at de-motivating workers,I really don't know why they do it.If you treat people well they will help you out,treat them bad and....well you know!
I am fortunate in that mostly I am treated "OK"
But that can change VERY quickly.
I am fortunate in that mostly I am treated "OK"
But that can change VERY quickly.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Get your crystal balls out.
Just another form of indirect intimidation.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
BarnsleyLackey
- Posts: 349
- Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Get your crystal balls out.
You do know that if you said Yes, or a variant saying it's possible, he wouldn't know what to say?
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Get your crystal balls out.
Ask them how much bonus last year they got and say I will tell you if I will be sick in the summer period don't expect an honest answer!noggin1969 wrote:New one on me this morning , line manager walking about with a questionnaire asking people that had sick leave in last years summer period whether they might be sick in this years summer periodTBH if I was that good a clairvoyant I would be looking for next weeks lottery numbers and not at my sick record
-
fly-catchers
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 573
- Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Get your crystal balls out.
I remember I was sick in November one year and again in November about 5 years later and was told by the DOM that a pattern was starting to emerge!! 
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Get your crystal balls out.
And so it goes on this madness!! I think we're on meltdown! Such a mess how this proud company is run.love my job and my round but at 55 next year after 35 years I'm off!
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Get your crystal balls out.
Seriously? They really asked you that? I would have just laughed, our managers probably wouldn't have asked, they are quite a decent bunch. Been fortunate never to have really had a problem with any manager and we've had a few.
-
enskied
- Posts: 1877
- Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Get your crystal balls out.
I believe that they are also sending an "INVITATION" to come in to see the Manager to anyone that goes sick in the school hols.
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Get your crystal balls out.
Sorry I just had to click on this thread when it invited me to get my balls out. Can't say no to that!