ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Astroturf
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Astroturf
Common sense will need to applied. RM don't have a list of what you can and can't walk on. The people living at the addresses do, so be guided by your relationship with them.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Astroturf
The bits I see look okay for show and I wouldn't want people walking on it so I always avoid astro and well tended lawns, grass with copious amounts of weeds are fair game in my book.Izzy wrote:Are we allowed to walk across customer's AstroTurf?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Astroturf
And the ones with Fridges and sofas are probably glad of a few footstep to help aerate what ever is left of the grassjimmynailsalive wrote:The bits I see look okay for show and I wouldn't want people walking on it so I always avoid astro and well tended lawns, grass with copious amounts of weeds are fair game in my book.Izzy wrote:Are we allowed to walk across customer's AstroTurf?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Astroturf
If the customer says you can walk on it then it's ok; if they say you can't, then don't. I had a customer phone in and complain that I walked across his brick paving on the forecourt of his house once! 
Never mind, I walk carefully around it now.
Never mind, I walk carefully around it now.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Astroturf
And if you see what looks like a rolled up ball of cotton wool just outside the door do not kick it!! as it's the young uns last meal.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Astroturf
It is subject to wear so I would say no. Theoretically so is brick paving but would take a few hundred years to show.Izzy wrote:Are we allowed to walk across customer's AstroTurf?
Incidentally AstroTurf is a brand name so for fairness we should mention that other makes of artificial grass are available.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Astroturf
I went to a house today and the place was a khazi. A skip full of crap on the front (a 'peasant crescent' area by the way) and behind it what remains of the front door. I posted, turned round and between the skip and door was a used sanitary towel. Lovely. 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Astroturf
I have one house that smells like wet dogs, I can smell it all the way round the cul-de-sac its amazing no one has ever reported it.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Astroturf
Unless there is no path at all leading up to the delivery point, why would you want to walk on astro turf?
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Astroturf
I'm guessing it's a bit like this:
Soooo tempting to cut across, like a forbidden fruit!
Soooo tempting to cut across, like a forbidden fruit!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Astroturf
When I read the first post I did wonder if it was some sarcastic comment about somebodies artificial hair 
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Astroturf
You mean a wig. Or a Terry Wogan.
-
Izzy
- Posts: 125
- Joined: 10 Jan 2008, 23:09
Re: Astroturf
TBT says there's no rules on what we may or may not walk on. When I started I was told I couldn't walk on mowed grass or dug soil. Or damage customer's property. I just think walking round 3 sides of an AstroTurf lawn to get from one letterbox to the next letterbox is silly. But if RM says that's what they pay me to do then ok.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Astroturf
I don't think that the simple 'mowed grass' rule would make any logical sense. Surely the guy pushing the mower had to walk on the mown bit as he was going? It's all down to what the resident wants at the end of the day. A guy complained a few months back about posties walking across his 6ft square patch of raggedy weeds, moss and cat-poop ('lawn', I think he called it) outside his front door. We walk around it now.