ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Holiday question

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Holiday question

Post by Hitcher »

Can you book use your holidays to book a Fri/Sat/Mon off?

I have brought the max 6 weeks/year.
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: Holiday question

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

In theory yes, because PSP changed leave to number of hours per year.

In practice, managers don't seem to cope with anything but complete weeks booked off. :hmmmm
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: Holiday question

Post by Hitcher »

Thanks, I've been invited to a developers conference in Oct but it's Friday to Monday.
bogstandard
Posts: 1074
Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16

Re: Holiday question

Post by bogstandard »

head count permitting.
assuming the above is ok, there should be no reason why not so apply and hold your ground
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: Holiday question

Post by Hitcher »

I ended up swapping a week off in Sept to the week in Oct and I'll use the extra day off I'll get for the Bank Holiday the end of this month for the Mon the following week.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Holiday question

Post by Darren Bent »

and it is like getting blood out of stone to get manager to agree days off or long weekends.