ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Footware payment
-
SSkUNkY
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 02 Nov 2014, 19:00
- Gender: Male
Footware payment
I have a doctors note advising I need comfortable footware so I can work safely which was honoured for the first pair of trainers I bought 4months ago (£30).
However, I now need a new pair of trainers and have been told that the payment has been cancelled by our DOM - is this the case?
Will they then be OK when my feet are injured and I am unable to come into work due the footware being unfit for purpose?
Yours Sincerely.
However, I now need a new pair of trainers and have been told that the payment has been cancelled by our DOM - is this the case?
Will they then be OK when my feet are injured and I am unable to come into work due the footware being unfit for purpose?
Yours Sincerely.
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: Footware payment
you only get two payments a year maximum, so a new pair every six months, you have put in a request after 4 months so thats why it has been denied.
-
SSkUNkY
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 02 Nov 2014, 19:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Footware payment
I have not put in a request, I have simply been told that this payment is unavailable for anyone at anytime - IE the payment for foot ware is discontinued.
I want to know if this is true and if they will be OK with me staying off work due to injured feet as their foot ware is not fit for purpose.
I want to know if this is true and if they will be OK with me staying off work due to injured feet as their foot ware is not fit for purpose.
-
DocketLefty
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 03 Jul 2015, 22:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Footware payment
Ask your union rep.
-
enskied
- Posts: 1877
- Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Footware payment
Two payments of £30 per year.
Pathetic really. I would guess a rough guess as well, that we walk about three thousand miles per year. It is not just the tread we use. How many gates do we lift with our feet?
Pathetic really. I would guess a rough guess as well, that we walk about three thousand miles per year. It is not just the tread we use. How many gates do we lift with our feet?
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1530
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Footware payment
False, I got my payment recently.
Last edited by Hitcher on 02 Aug 2015, 00:17, edited 1 time in total.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Footware payment
Be careful about saying too much it could help identify you
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
SSkUNkY
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 02 Nov 2014, 19:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Footware payment
I work at the Croydon delivery office and have done for many years.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Footware payment
What's the big deal about being identified!!
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Footware payment
Your dom is telling porkies mate, payment still exists.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Footware payment
People have been sacked for what they have written on here http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =7&t=11169" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Creditshampoo wrote:What's the big deal about being identified!!
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Footware payment
Being sacked for bringing the company into disrepute is a real possibility.Creditshampoo wrote:What's the big deal about being identified!!
-
SSkUNkY
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 02 Nov 2014, 19:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Footware payment
Is there a CWU rep who can give a clear answer on this please?
Got nothing to hide, just want to get clarification on this issue as I am getting conflicting reports.
Got nothing to hide, just want to get clarification on this issue as I am getting conflicting reports.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Footware payment
If you want a clear answer it may be best to call HR.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Footware payment
Never said.meercat wrote:Being sacked for bringing the company into disrepute is a real possibility.Creditshampoo wrote:What's the big deal about being identified!!